Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I worked on my bike chasing electric gremlins until 1230am. It SUCKED! And I'm still not finished.

Turns out my kill switch and starter button both died on me in Madison a week ago leaving me stranded on my way to work.

Since the kill switch tab was broken anyway I removed it and spliced the wires together. As for the starter button I have two bare wires hanging off of my bar until I get a switch that fits. There is an amazingly colorful array of zip-ties behind the bodywork on the deer spear.

40k miles to retirement!
    2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
    1999 BMW R1100S(track/race CCS AM#259)
    1999 BMW R1100S(parts)

Comment

• Didn't do anything to the bikes but we dogs clean the garage so o can actually get at them again.
      Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
      LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

• I pulled the fairing and gave her a tune up with fresh plugs. oil, and a clean air filter. I still have to put it all back together..and oil the filter,
        See you on the road scag!

Comment

• I dropped the engine out of the 250 ninja and put it on a bench next to the parts engine. Hoping to mix and match whatever parts went wrong in the transmission and get one running hopefully for just the cost of a gasket set.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Unburied my trailer, flushed out the old wheel bearing grease with fresh stuff. Going to unload it later and maybe do a squid rum on the bike down the street, maybe.

Comment

• Carried it to my trailer location with my new hitch carrier. Works great! Super stable. There is a brace you tighten up against the hitch so it doesn't wobble around.
              You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

• I checked a check engine code in the Buell, which says the front fuel injector is going bad. That explains the misfiring.

I put the clutch back in in the dirt bike, after discovering it was a siezed/stiff cable that is causing the clutch slipping.

Comment

Working...
                X