Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I worked on my bike chasing electric gremlins until 1230am. It SUCKED! And I'm still not finished.

Turns out my kill switch and starter button both died on me in Madison a week ago leaving me stranded on my way to work.

Since the kill switch tab was broken anyway I removed it and spliced the wires together. As for the starter button I have two bare wires hanging off of my bar until I get a switch that fits. There is an amazingly colorful array of zip-ties behind the bodywork on the deer spear.

40k miles to retirement!
    2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
    1999 BMW R1100S(track/race CCS AM#259)
    1999 BMW R1100S(parts)

Comment

• Didn't do anything to the bikes but we dogs clean the garage so o can actually get at them again.
      Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
      LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

• I pulled the fairing and gave her a tune up with fresh plugs. oil, and a clean air filter. I still have to put it all back together..and oil the filter,
        See you on the road scag!

Comment

• I dropped the engine out of the 250 ninja and put it on a bench next to the parts engine. Hoping to mix and match whatever parts went wrong in the transmission and get one running hopefully for just the cost of a gasket set.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Unburied my trailer, flushed out the old wheel bearing grease with fresh stuff. Going to unload it later and maybe do a squid rum on the bike down the street, maybe.

Comment

• Carried it to my trailer location with my new hitch carrier. Works great! Super stable. There is a brace you tighten up against the hitch so it doesn't wobble around.
              You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

• I checked a check engine code in the Buell, which says the front fuel injector is going bad. That explains the misfiring.

I put the clutch back in in the dirt bike, after discovering it was a siezed/stiff cable that is causing the clutch slipping.

Comment

• Swapped my rear shock for one from a Ninja 650. Bit stiffer and raises the back end. It's basically just a bigger version of what was in there, so no adjustability beyond preload but does feel a bit more stable with my fat ass on it. Also removed my shorty adjustable lever and put the stock ones back on. The cheapo adjustables just felt...spongy.
                  Matt J., Appleton
                  2015 Yamaha R3
                  Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

• I took the hawk out of the trailer. peeled off all of the 'Spoot' stickers.
                    WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy
                    Attention - Giveaway info

Comment

Working...
                    X