This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tammy View Post
    I dropped my stuff off at TSE yesterday as well!
    Hopefully it isn't as much this time lol
    You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

• Pfft I'm bracing myself for something like $800.
      2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
      2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

• I was out at TSE on Dec 26! Maybe we should have coordinated better and had a party with Megan...
        Motovid CR
        2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 (track warrior)
        2004 Ducati ST4s (road warrior)
        2009 Harley-Davidson Street Glide (Couch Potato-potato)

Comment

• Maybe a pick up party?

Comment

• I told them I don't need it until April LOL.

Comment

• I said March.

Comment

• Got the SV started and off the lift. YZF is now on the lift and probably will be for a while. Still undecided what to do with it. Track biatch, get it running in street trim again or just sell it (whole or parts).
                Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
                ASRA # 214 EX
                RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

• Put the VFR1200 up for sale on CL yesterday. Too many bikes in the stable.
                  1 3 5
                  2 4 R

Comment

• Not much too the bike, I have a bag full of maintenance items in the bedroom, refreshed suspension laying on the bench and no desire to work on it in this weather.

Comment

• Now off the list:
                      Oil/filter change - Also checked the mesh filter, which was completely clean
                      Adjusted Sag - Mainly because I was bored
                      Cleaned/oiled/adjusted chain - This is a breeze with the SSSA

List:
                      Valve check - Even though the previous owner said the shop did it at 7500, along with an oil change(which was true by how tight the damn filter was on and very clean oil) I'm skeptical. He didn't provide paperwork for it....
                      Timing belt check - Same as above
                      Get the bike tuned - stock cans were gutted and it feels like it has a big dip in power around 5k. Needs something....
                      RR coolant
                      Figure out better headlight system...these stock halogens are terrible
                      New tires eventually..might make it through this season, we'll see
                      Bar ends - the ones he gave me don't fit, too big

Comment

• Wednesday put the forks on, front tire and calipers, broke my upper shock mount, went to TSE and got a used one, some sprockets, front clutch lever/perch and whole front master cylinder assembly. Decided I'm going to start building up a pile of spare parts after last years off. Hopefully tonight I can get the rear end buttoned up, chain on and oil changed.

Comment

• Got some maintenance to do according to the manual and some new parts to install/prep for, so I took the fairings off and such...and noticed the nose of my R3 isn't quite as secure as it should be. At some point ( when it tipped over on the trailer end of last year, or when I dropped it near my house being the most likely culprits) the point where the headlight assembly attaches to the fairing stay is a bit borked.

It wasn't noticeable with the rest of the fairing pieces keeping it attached so I may not worry about it for now, just finish the rest of the work and put it back together. A new headlight assy is pricey, I think I can get just the housing for a lot less, but not sure. Maybe a bunch of duct tape and zip ties! Actually, that might work...
                          Matt J., Appleton
                          2015 Yamaha R3
                          Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt-J2 View Post
                            Got some maintenance to do according to the manual and some new parts to install/prep for, so I took the fairings off and such...and noticed the nose of my R3 isn't quite as secure as it should be. At some point ( when it tipped over on the trailer end of last year, or when I dropped it near my house being the most likely culprits) the point where the headlight assembly attaches to the fairing stay is a bit borked.

It wasn't noticeable with the rest of the fairing pieces keeping it attached so I may not worry about it for now, just finish the rest of the work and put it back together. A new headlight assy is pricey, I think I can get just the housing for a lot less, but not sure. Maybe a bunch of duct tape and zip ties! Actually, that might work...
                            Can you bend it back? Many of us have damaged fairing stays by crashing. A little heat, and slowly bend it back usually works.
                            You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky5000100 View Post

Can you bend it back? Many of us have damaged fairing stays by crashing. A little heat, and slowly bend it back usually works.
                              I probably can, but I went and poked around a bit this morning and it looks to be mostly that the plastic of the headlight housing broke at all 4 points it attaches to the stay. I honestly have no idea how this thing hasn't fallen off right now since there's no fairings to hold it up.

I'll poke at it some more tonight and get it off there to check and make sure the stay isn't also damaged/bent. What did you guys use for heat? I have a small propane torch, might have a heat gun but not sure.
                              Matt J., Appleton
                              2015 Yamaha R3
                              Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt-J2 View Post

I have a small propane torch, might have a heat gun but not sure.
                                A small propane torch will do the trick if you need to bend the stay back into submission. Can you repair the headlight housing with a little fiberglass/epoxy/microbead work?

Comment

Working...
                                X