Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got everything back together last night, which is nice. Unfortunately, my paintjob is...bleh. I went cheap and quick and it didn't turn out great, naturally, even though I assumed it would be temporary. I used an automotive peel paint that peels off much easier than I thought! Should have just paid one of our fine members for a vinyl wrap...

Matt J., Appleton
    2015 Yamaha R3
    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

• Nothing. But I did order all of the parts to get it back together!!
      2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
      2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

• Annnd It's running. Throttle bodies syncd over the weekend. Home made manometer so the measurements don't mean much exactly, but the fluid level difference was 13". Hands were much less numb and mirrors less shaky today. New seat nicer on my butt (also taller by about an inch) but I slide on it more. New ecu/exhaust feels nice, more midrange, higher redline and less engine braking with a higher idle actually helps a bit in the slow stuff, too.
        Matt J., Appleton
        2015 Yamaha R3
        Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt-J2 View Post
          Should have just paid one of our fine members for a vinyl wrap...
          I do free paint jobs. You can have ANY color you want.

As long as it's Blue and white with white stripes on the front.

Spoot's
          paint2012a.JPG

Rocky5000100's
          upper_done.jpg

GeoffOnline's
          go4.jpg

Tammy's
          done3.jpg
          Last edited by Spoot; 05-30-2019, 05:35 PM.
          WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

• That second one is mine spoot
            You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

• Originally posted by Spoot View Post
              I do free paint jobs. You can have ANY color you want.

As long as it's Blue and white with white stripes on the front.

So close...

20190529_183455.jpg

There's also a white panel running down the center of the tank. The white used to be silver (and rashed)...now it's way more matte than planned, and the blue is too light...etc.
              Matt J., Appleton
              2015 Yamaha R3
              Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

• I have also toyed with the idea of getting stripes made in various colors, so peeps could just add the WiR stripes and call it good...

Hey, Coyote.....
                WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

• Wash and wax.

Because, why not?

Then go pick the daughter up from school.

Comment

• Aaaaand today I discovered my rear brake line came loose from where it was routed on the swingarm (maybe I failed at zip-tie 101?) and the tire rubbed a small hole in it. Joy.

I don't actually use it much, didn't find out aside from going to use my rear brake to hold at a stop, but I guess it's a sign to upgrade to a SS line...and pay more attention securing it.
                    Matt J., Appleton
                    2015 Yamaha R3
                    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

• Flushed Front & Rear brakes as well as clutch over the weekend.

That moment when you're rolling into a corner and forget you now have super good brakes....

Do people that never flush their brake fluid ever realize how terrible their brake performance is or do they just not care? This fluid was 2 years old, and the change in initial bite and braking power is crazy. The brakes on my SV650 when I got it hadn't been bled since new...fluid was real dark. 15 minutes later, back to good... those stock brakes were never great...

Next on the list is probably going over to that Ducati joint on University and seeing what they can do about my tune.
                      Also...rear tire prob needs to be replaced in the near future.

Comment

• Resale value took a bit of a hit this morning on the way into work. Pulled in the garage last night at 9999 which is why the temp is still 'LO'

Comment

• Installed an exhaust valve servo eliminator last night...as I heard it helps with the flat spot in power around 4500-5000 rpm.

Greatly reduced the flat spot but didn't eliminate it all together. I think it still has a fueling issue in that area too.

4 bolts total to remove the servo and lines...but of course Ducati decides to put a bolt in an area that you can only get to with a wrench, and you can only turn it about 1/16th of a turn each time you reposition the wrench....that one bolt took 99% of the time it took to do the whole removal.

Also shout out to Vizi-tec....they hand wrote me a note included in the bag with the eliminator I ordered. Very nice touch!

Comment

• Just installed an aftermarket clutch and variator in the Zuma. Kit came with to heavy of rollers so I ordered lighter ones (faster accel) but they didn't show yet so I installed the heavy ones. Accel is smooth, albeit slowish. Top speed seems the same. Seems to be less of a struggle climbing hills now. Still had the original equipment. OE rollers were flat spotted bad. Clutch pads were close to shot.
                            Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
                            ASRA # 214 EX
                            RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

Working...
                            X