Back on two wheels!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back on two wheels!

Took a couple more years than I would have liked...but I'm back at it.

I really enjoyed the 25k miles I put on my '03 SV650S. The L twin was great, I liked the looks, but the components were obviously of budget quality. Suspension was meh, brakes were meh, and my upgrades to the bike were basically fixing those. ZX-10R rear shock, and I was looking into getting emulators, and an upgraded master cylinder, but ended up selling it.

For the new ride I kept the L-Twin, upped displacement, Brembo brakes, better suspension(although...not Ohlins ), and obviously got that Italian styling!

Question: Ducati 848 stock exhaust, is it loud? This bike's exhaust seems far too loud to be completely stock, but the seller claimed it is. I've never heard an 848 without aftermarket exhaust.

Sorry for the terrible pic...it was raining, and by the time I got home it was dark...

Nice! What year? If it's older, some of the exhaust packing could have gone away, making it louder.
    You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

It's a 2012 with 6100 miles on it.

I feel like they removed the baffles. My neighbors are going to hate me....

Comment

If it has Termi's, they're prob loud.
        The Staintunes on my VTR1000 are awesomely loud (not too neighbor friendly). Good thing its track-only for now.

Oh, CONGRATS !!!
        WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Bring it over and let me ride it around for a bit. I will tell you after that.

My 996 was VERY loud. It did have a SIl Moto half exhuast though.
          Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
          LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

Congrats!! Love the single sided swinger. Enjoy it.

Comment

Nice bike, congrats!

I have a 2006 ST4s. The stock exhaust was pretty quiet, too quiet and didn't sound like a Duc. I put a pair of Arrows on and now it's not all that loud, but it certainly sounds like a Duc!
              Motovid CR
              2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 (track warrior)
              2004 Ducati ST4s (road warrior)
              2009 Harley-Davidson Street Glide (Couch Potato-potato)

Comment

Got some better pictures after a good wash/wax session today.

Comment

Working...
                X