Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Evel Live. On History Channel. Whos watching right now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evel Live. On History Channel. Whos watching right now?

Travis Pastrana is gonna try to jump the Caeser Palace fountain like Evel Knievel tried back in the 70's and failed miserably. Already jumped a bunch of crushed cars with an Indian FTR750.
    Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
    ASRA # 214 EX
    RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Getting ready to jump 16 buses now.
    Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
    ASRA # 214 EX

Comment

No TV right now. Did he do it?
      Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
      LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

Yup did 3 jumps. I'll be honest, in 2018, with all the other extreme sports and crazy stuff I've seen pastrana do, the crushed cars jump wasn't that crazy looking, but the greyhound bus one was.
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIQj708tWxU
        You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

Why was Knoxville on the panel? lol'd hard when I turned it on and saw him sitting there looking gorked out.

I thought it was fun, however, as usually the 'hype' guys are just talking non-stop about the same thing. Which, I get it...you have to fill the time with something. At least when he was riding the bike to the third jump, he was giving them plenty to talk about. That was a nice repreave from 'he only has 200 feet to get a 340lb bike up to 70 mph, how is this going to work!?!!?'

Comment

Originally posted by EchoRomeoCharlie View Post
            Why was Knoxville on the panel? lol'd hard when I turned it on and saw him sitting there looking gorked out.

I thought it was fun, however, as usually the 'hype' guys are just talking non-stop about the same thing. Which, I get it...you have to fill the time with something. At least when he was riding the bike to the third jump, he was giving them plenty to talk about. That was a nice repreave from 'he only has 200 feet to get a 340lb bike up to 70 mph, how is this going to work!?!!?'
            Think Knoxville is buddies with Pastrana. I could see that if they are. Now the clown from Road and Track, well talk about clueless.

Fountain jump looked too easy for him. Yes its already been done, but the only guy prior to do it did it on a full on mx bike, not a flat tracker.

CCS # 14 EX
            ASRA # 214 EX

Comment

If they're buddies, that makes more sense. But several times watching the panel guys he just sat there staring at the table like he was drugged up.

Comment

Originally posted by EchoRomeoCharlie View Post
                If they're buddies, that makes more sense. But several times watching the panel guys he just sat there staring at the table like he was drugged up.
                You take as many hits to the balls as he has and you would be drugged up too!
                Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
                LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Capitalview View Post

You take as many hits to the balls as he has and you would be drugged up too!
                  This is a solid point.

Comment

I/we watched it. It was cool, but too much time to fill as mentioned before. Seemed a little anti-climatic as compared to when Evil Knievel did it. You never really had any doubt that Pastrana was going to complete the jumps. Cool nondtheless...
                    Motovid CR
                    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 (track warrior)
                    2004 Ducati ST4s (road warrior)
                    2009 Harley-Davidson Street Glide (Couch Potato-potato)

Comment

Knoxville is a HUGE fan of Evel -- watching Evel as a kid got Knoxville into what he does today. He's a big aficionado of Evel, so they referred to him for a lot of the details on Evel.
                      sigpic

Team MSB Racing
                      Sponsors: MadisonSBK.com, MadWraps, LLC
                      CCS MW expert #310
                      2008 Honda CBR1000RR

Comment

Working...
                      X