EICMA Announcements: Aprilia RS 660

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EICMA Announcements: Aprilia RS 660

So the internet seems to be abuzz with Aprilia?s announcement of the RS 660 parallel twin sport bike. If they make this, and make it available in the US it could offer some serious competition for the MA Twins class and at the club level. There seem to be quite a few interesting updates including the 2019 BMW S1000RR, return to the liter class with the MV Agusta Brutale 208 hp naked among others. It will be interesting to see what other announcements come this week.

I'm particularly interested in the Aprilia RS 660.

Not only is Aprilia working on a premium supersport offering, its working on one that has an active aerodynamics system.

I want to know more about the active aero.

"Called Aprilia Active Aerodynamics (A3), the name pretty much tells the story. As such, the Aprilia RS 660 concept explores using aerodynamic forces in new ways, which sees the machine capable of changing its front aerodynamic profile, as well as how much downforce it creates."

Comment

Pros:
      Looks like a class leading lightwieght

Cons:
      Looks like $12K.

I love it but not sure it fits within budget emphasis of the CCS class. I bet some people would love a new rule in lightweight that said no bikes with USD forks allowed.
      John K - Appleton

Comment

It sure is pretty, though.
        Matt J., Appleton
        2015 Yamaha R3
        Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Aprilia RSV4
          Aprilia Tuano V4
          Ducati Panigale V4
          Ducati Desmosedici

....waiting for the long rumored Honda V4 Superbike, for a streetbike.
          WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Looks like there may be a new player in the electric bike scene...

https://www.visordown.com/news/new-b...uperbike-milan

Sounds very interesting. Brembo, Ohlins, OZ wheels, 6 speed clutch-less tranny
            WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Originally posted by Spoot View Post
              Looks like there may be a new player in the electric bike scene...

https://www.visordown.com/news/new-b...uperbike-milan

Sounds very interesting. Brembo, Ohlins, OZ wheels, 6 speed clutch-less tranny
              I got a chuckle out of this: It's got a speaker built in so you can make vroom vroom sounds and you can pick the sound of the bike. Hahah.

John K - Appleton

Comment

I've heard from folks that they hate the quiet of an electric, but I'm ok with it. In fact, it has a bit of a whine when you get going that reminds me of all kinds of sci-fi vehicles, from motorcycles to hover cars, so I'm in to that!

I just wish I could get further down the road on one without spending $18k or whatever.
                Matt J., Appleton
                2015 Yamaha R3
                Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Ooh, ooh, ooh...
                  little bikes matter, too

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/w...x-adv-concepts
                  WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by GeoffOnline View Post
                    I want to know more about the active aero.

"
                    It means tipping over in the garage will total it.
                    2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
                    2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

LOL. Chances are good.

Comment

I believe KTM is bringing out their parallel twin 800 next year. 100+ hp.
                        Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
                        LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Capitalview View Post
                          I'm going to be pissed if that becomes the new LW bike. Kinda like the Hawk GT was crushed by the SVs.
                          2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
                          2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

Originally posted by Spoot View Post

....waiting for the long rumored Honda V4 Superbike, for a streetbike.
                            The rumor mill was suggesting that they were going to make that kind of announcement. I was a bit disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Capitalview View Post
                              That would be an interesting entry to the twins class.

Comment

Working...
                              X