No announcement yet.

Got an early xmas present (for myself)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got an early xmas present (for myself)

Picked up a bike lift. No more laying on the floor to work on the bottom end. Harbor Freight had it on sale for $279 today (and tomorrow I think). Guy who loaded it in my truck said he already loaded 4 of them today.

Its 300lbs. Fun as hell getting it OUT of the truck. Ended up getting the one end out and on the ground, then took the top off the crate and put the casters on then dragged it out of the truck. Put the SV on it and its pretty damn stable. Gonna make an extension for the front so the pitbull stand is gonna be completely on the table. Not real comfy with the front of the stand off the table. Only other mod I'm gonna do is change the u-bolt style tie down points to square ones so they can drop to the table when not used and be out of the way.

Attached Files
    Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
    ASRA # 214 EX
    RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Nice!
    Matt J., Appleton
    2015 Yamaha R3
    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

To keep the bike from creeping forward I just use a tie down strap through the little hole in that removable panel and then around the support that is directly under the back part when it is lifted. It works out really nice. Just need to remember to unstrap it when you lower the bike.
      Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
      LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

Gonna put some ancra quick release tie down rings on it for strap attachments.

BTW, CV. Hows living in the new house doing?
        Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
        ASRA # 214 EX

Comment

Been eyeing them up for a couple years, but never pulled the trigger. Always wondered if they are sturdy enough.
          Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Comment

I've had my Harbor Freight motorcycle lift for 12+ years already, and the thing just works. My original plan was to buy the HF one, use it until it broke, then get a "real" lift. But the thing just keeps working and working well. I interesting that yours is not long enough for both stands to fit. I could fit both my R6 and GSX-R on it with both stands with no problem, with like 4"+ on either end. Wonder if your bike is longer or HF is making the table shorter.

Congrats and enjoy not laying on the cold floor!
            Motovid CR
            2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 (track warrior)
            2004 Ducati ST4s (road warrior)
            2009 Harley-Davidson Street Glide (Couch Potato-potato)

Comment

I think they made the table shorter. But then again the front stand does stick out further with the head lift than when I just use it under the fork. I flattened the front wheel stop plate and put it under the front stand where it hangs over. Put the 4 ancra qr anchors on tonight also. Said hell with it and put the Ubolt ones in so they will slide down when not in use. So 3 tie points on each side.

CCS # 14 EX
              ASRA # 214 EX

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper View Post
                Gonna put some ancra quick release tie down rings on it for strap attachments.

BTW, CV. Hows living in the new house doing?
                It is nice and warm for sure. Still a crap load of stuff I need to do. Still need to fill some nail holes, touch up painting, and paint a crap load of trim. I need to start running wire in the basement and getting walls up.

I did get the bikes in the basement though. Nice and warm for the winter. I might even start the tear down of the CT70.
                Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
                LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Capitalview View Post

It is nice and warm for sure. Still a crap load of stuff I need to do. Still need to fill some nail holes, touch up painting, and paint a crap load of trim. I need to start running wire in the basement and getting walls up.

I did get the bikes in the basement though. Nice and warm for the winter. I might even start the tear down of the CT70.
                  Better hurry up. We need the WIR house breaking, err warming party soon.

CCS # 14 EX
                  ASRA # 214 EX

Comment

Working...
                  X