Rider's Discount - Out of Business

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rider's Discount - Out of Business

I just heard this on the Triumph forum. Really sad. I've bought probably 20 grand worth of stuff from them in the last 10 years.

Their prices were always the lowest with their "over the forum" pricing. Maybe too low to sustain a business.

They are clearing out some stuff, have a look. https://www.triumph675.net/forum/sho...p?p=1869624315

I wonder what the reason is behind the closing. Probably just a slow bike market. I did my part though, lots of parts on all my builds came from RD.

I suspect other businesses will be cheering. I recall a couple vendors getting all bothered on the Z125 forum when people were buying the Yoshi pipe and Bazzaz tuner combo from RD for $150 cheaper.
    John K - Appleton

Damn, that sucks. I certainly have bought things from them. 2 Brembo RCS19s, and several other things over the years.
    You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

I just bought a RST suit from them $399!!!

Comment

Dang, that's no good. I got my RST suit from them as well (but last year) and since my dog ate the brand new Cortech gloves I bought this year I looked to replace them but Riders Discount was totally out of stock on them. I was waiting to see if they'd get more.
        Matt J., Appleton
        2015 Yamaha R3
        Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Definately confirmed from them directly on the wera forum.
          Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
          ASRA # 214 EX
          RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

super bummer.

Comment

Well some good news

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?thre.../#post-5452599

For those that dont know the web address, thats Wera's forum.
              Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
              ASRA # 214 EX
              RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

Hope they still are they main RST leathers provider. Seems like that's become everyone's favorite suit.

sounds like a couple of the old employees picked up the rights to the name.
                John K - Appleton

Comment

I just picked up a Dainese Laguna Seca 4 suit for $640 shipped from them. Revzilla is selling the same suit for $1299.
                  Jared Herbig Racing - "Like" me on Facebook - CCS #323
                  01' SV650
                  Lockhart Phillips - Vortex - Spears Racing - TSE - Gron4 - Motorex - Woodcraft

Comment

I think I just heard a collective groan from other retailers that they're going to stick around.
                    John K - Appleton

Comment

Working...
                    X