Suzuki GSX-R750 1985-2019. RIP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki GSX-R750 1985-2019. RIP

In the US, 2019 is the last GSX-R750, rest of the world 2018 was. Just announced.

https://www.cycleworld.com/suzuki-si...acebook#page-2
    Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
    ASRA # 214 EX
    RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Understandable. But still sad. K4 750 will always have a special place in my heart. Get tempted everytime i see a low mile one come up for sale....
    Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Comment

Sad but predictable. Does this mean that my GSX-R750 is a collector's item now???
      Motovid CR
      2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 (track warrior)
      2004 Ducati ST4s (road warrior)
      2009 Harley-Davidson Street Glide (Couch Potato-potato)

Comment

I had some great times on mine, 750s could really take it to the liter bikes at BHF.

Comment

Also includes the GSX-R600. Didn't catch that the 1st time I read it.
          Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
          ASRA # 214 EX
          RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

Yeah, I saw that but they've been saying for a couple years now that 600s, in general, are on their way out. Can't meet emissions/noise regs, and even without all that they don't sell well enough to keep them in the lineup. Or at least not to do any major updates.

Matt J., Appleton
            2015 Yamaha R3
            Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

I wonder if this will cause CCS to restructure/rename/get rid of heavyweight? As it is it's basically just another middleweight race. I was on a 750 the last few years and I think the most 750's we ever had on the track at the same time was 4.

Comment

Ah! Don't get rid of heavyweight....I'm in my way there with my Superhawk.

Hopefully?
                WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Originally posted by Spoot View Post
                  Ah! Don't get rid of heavyweight....I'm in my way there with my Superhawk.

Hopefully?
                  Well it'll be around for 2019 for sure since it's too late to drop a class... wouldn't be surprised to see a discussion about it in the next couple years though.

Comment

Working...
                  X