Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mental note: when trying to put an engine on a bench...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mental note: when trying to put an engine on a bench...

Get some help.

Put the big bore motor on the bench tonight. Non Harley Vtwins (L twins like SV and Ducs) aren't exactly designed to be picked up like a sack of cement with 2 arms. Damn the SV motor was cumbersome. Felt heavier picking it up than the 131ci Revtech HD motor I helped work on.

Now I know how CV feels. Oh my back.
    Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
    ASRA # 214 EX
    RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

What really sucks is I have to pull a piston out to see which JE piston is in there. Apparently there's 2 different +2 pistons designs for SV650's from them. Cant order the rings until I find out which.
    Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
    ASRA # 214 EX

Comment

Thanks for the reminder!

I was pulling the engine from my 636 and thought myself all clever... had a nice scissor jack under it. Lowered it down then realized I didn't have the frame up high enough to slide the motor out from under the frame. Then after working through that ordeal realized I had to lift it off the work stand onto a makeshift motor stand by myself. I was thankful it was a small aluminum race bike engine, but man it was still heavy/awkward. I was happy I didn't injure myself (badly) as well!

Comment

Well got the front head and cylinder off. Talk about carbon buildup. Really wanted to leave the piston on the rod, but looks like I'll have to pull the piston pin.

CCS # 14 EX
        ASRA # 214 EX

Comment

Originally posted by fenter View Post
          Thanks for the reminder!

I was pulling the engine from my 636 and thought myself all clever... had a nice scissor jack under it. Lowered it down then realized I didn't have the frame up high enough to slide the motor out from under the frame. Then after working through that ordeal realized I had to lift it off the work stand onto a makeshift motor stand by myself. I was thankful it was a small aluminum race bike engine, but man it was still heavy/awkward. I was happy I didn't injure myself (badly) as well!
          I just did that to my 636 this weekend. I had it up on my bike lift and stacked a bunch of old take offs next to it so it was mostly just a lift and swivel so it went pretty well... lol

Comment

Working...
          X