Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zero SR/F

https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/z...cle-first-look

I saw it, and it looks pretty good to me. Will be interesting to see how the new Lightning Strike compares.

The tricky bit is learning all the charging tech. It has a pretty good charge time...if you're at a 220v/Level 2 charge station. Using a 110 outlet isn't going to get you charged near as fast. The plus side is that if you're doing some light travelling you have options(though not a ton here in WI, relatively speaking). The downside is still if you're visiting folks who are nearly as far away as the bike has range, well, it had better be a long visit, or you unplug an appliance at their house to charge.

They do seem to be adding features though, like a second brake disc, better suspension, and electronics that include TC.
    Matt J., Appleton
    2015 Yamaha R3
    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

The only appliance in some houses with 220 is the stove. Lol
      some outlaying places have propane for the stove, so you'd be in for an overnight stay.
      WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

220 plug for welders in the shop or garage.
        2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
        2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

I have one in my garage, but yeah, I'm not sure about even my friends, let alone random stops along the way. Maybe an extension cord and make sure you don't drop by on laundry day.

Otherwise, I do see more charging stations popping up, The Festival Foods down the road from my house has 1 or 2, the Kwik Trip in Clintonville has one IIRC, of all places. Random "energy co-ops" here and there, plus some town halls, or wherever they have their utilities taken care of. I don't know what variety they all are, though.

I think we're hitting a limit on battery right now, but as we see it more in cars I think it will get easier on e-motorcycles, too, if the coverage of chargers changes. Right now though it's all about who wants to get in early. At least companies like Zero, Lightning, and Energica are trying to make the rest of the machine better, which is nice.
          Matt J., Appleton
          2015 Yamaha R3
          Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Working...
          X