• Show
Clear All

• IMS Bike Show - Chicago - Feb 10-12 2018

Anybody planning on going down??
    Which bikes do you want to fondle ?

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/city/chicago-il

Looks like my $4 code expired, now its down to a $3 off code=EM318
    WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

dunno
    Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
    ASRA # 214 EX
    RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

I'm considering it, but haven't decided yet.
      Matt J., Appleton
      2015 Yamaha R3
      Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Crap ... I'm committed to adult duties - adulting sucks
        here fishy, fishy,fishy! arrr

Comment

I'm going Saturday. I kinda have my eye on a few select middleweight ADV bikes. And the new KTM 790 duke has my interest along with the Yamaha Niken to see what a freak bike looks like.

We used to take the bus from the local dealer but this year we are loading into a small car with good gas mileage to keep it cheap.
          John K - Appleton

Comment

Originally posted by Zaph View Post
            the Yamaha Niken to see what a freak bike looks like.
            WTF did they do !??
            Thats insane!

The GTS was, at least, cool and plausible.

WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Haven't decided if I'm going yet. Maybe. Didn't go last year so may have to go this year. If I do, it will likely be Friday afternoon/evening.
              Motovid CR
              2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 (track warrior)
              2004 Ducati ST4s (road warrior)
              2009 Harley-Davidson Street Glide (Couch Potato-potato)

Comment

I went down with a couple of friends last year, it was my first time. We rode the bus from Southeast Sales. A nice winter break activity. Great to be able to throw a leg over many bikes all in one day. Gave me a real appreciation for how different the ergonomics were on the various bikes. I won't be making it down this year, conflicts with birthday parties at home. I hope to make it down when the next round of liter bikes are released.

For those going, have a great time for us!

Comment

I just heard that neither Ducati nor Triumph are attending the IMS Motorcycle Show in Chicago this year. What a disappointment.

Comment

Jen, myself, and the two littles are planning to go as of now. that could change though. probably Saturday...

Comment

So, did anybody go to the show? If so, did you see anything interesting? I did not make it this year and that now makes 2 years in a row that I didn't go. I'll have to make a point of going next year!
                      Motovid CR

Comment

I went. Ducati wasn't present but Triumph was. Strangely, hey still had a 675R on display even though they have been discontinued. Talking to a guy, it sounds like they might be taking some time off to rework it for Euro 4 emissions, and it will likely be reborn as a 765. (which boots it out of race classes)

The Duke 790 was not present. Too bad, I have some interest. I still love the Thruxton R. But the bike I'm really looking at is the BMW G310GS, a decent adventure bike that's not fat and overpowered like the rest of them.

I'd say you didn't miss much if you didn't go to this show. For the most part, you would have seen a few things that you would see at a few local dealers.
                        John K - Appleton

Comment

With Zaph. Nothing there and, IMO, wasn't really worth going. I miss the old days when you went to the show, seen some new models and some possible new models, bunch of celebs, parts and accessory booths selling product at a good price and NO VENDORS WHO HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH MOTORCYCLING. Seriously a FUCKING SPICE STORE?

We left afterwards and headed to the auto show. That place was freaking packed.
                          Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
                          ASRA # 214 EX
                          RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

Interesting comments, and you said basically what had me not overly motivated to go. I heard Ducati was not going to be there, and they are usually a reason for me to go. It's cool to see all of the bikes, but I prefer seeing the vendors with bike accessories, and over the last few years that seems to be dying out at the show. A spice booth!?
                            Motovid CR

Comment

i forgot all about it, and this site lol
                              masterchop inc. - need a sig or av, let me know.

Comment

Working...
                              X