• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoot View Post

Use Nicky310's code...EMLCO19

or $4 off code from my email blast is:
    EM219
    Thanks Spoot! The $4 discount worked for me; just ordered the tickets now. The above listed $5 discount is no longer functioning. I plan to be there with a friend from Neenah, still working on travel arrangements.

Hey Zaph - I assume you are still on for Saturday. Do you still have an open spot in a vehicle? If so I can connect you with Mark and meet up with you guys down here!

Comment

Here is some neat things for kids, never-before riders...and a wheelie machine !!!!

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/conte...elq_cid=162110
      WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Planning on packing up kids and heading down this year. What day is everyone going, Saturday?
        WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Comment

So who is going?
          Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
          ASRA # 214 EX
          RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

This is the second year in a row I just haven't been motivated to go to the show. :-( I need to make it a point to go next year.
            Motovid CR
            2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 (track warrior)
            2004 Ducati ST4s (road warrior)
            2009 Harley-Davidson Street Glide (Couch Potato-potato)

Comment

I'm going
              Matt J., Appleton
              2015 Yamaha R3
              Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

I'm in. Badmoon is out he's gotta wrench on his bike. So I've got an open seat in my car from the Fox Valley area if anyone else wants to get in.
                John K - Appleton

Comment

Bikes that got me excited at the show. I took pictures, but in the favor of better photography I just grab some off the net:

2019 Indian FTR 1200 S

I signed up to win one. Looks like a blast.

2019 Honda CB300R

Small super light weight cafe inspired thumper. Likey. More so than any of the other Honda thumpers.

2019 CB650R exhaust. Not the whole bike, couldn't care less. just the headers.

Fans of mid 70's CB400F know what I'm talking about.

2020 Suzuki Katana on display.

Right next to a prime condition original from 1982 which still looks great by today's standards. (and I don't mean the bulbous fully faired garbage that came around in the 90's)

GSX-R 150

No it's not a USA bike, but I filled out a questionnaire from Suzuki about them trying to figure out if they should bring it to the USA. Would be a blast at the kart track and putting around town, and probably just as cheap as a Grom.

Alex Rins MotoGP bike was in the Suzuki Booth. Got to see a close-up of the unique downforce wing design on the bike.

And in all it's limited edition carbon fiber glory:

Travisty was repping Triumph in their booth and talking about the steps Triumph is taking to keep the bike exclusive. Not the least of which is high price and limited numbers. Ah well Street Twin for the rest of us.

In the disappointing dept: Ducati and KTM nowhere to be seen this show.

Edit: Maria's Mexican Restaurant, pretty good place to eat near the convention center.
                  Last edited by Zaph; 02-17-2019, 01:08 PM.
                  John K - Appleton

Comment

Originally posted by Zaph View Post

Edit: Maria's Mexican Restaurant, pretty good place to eat near the convention center.

Blasphamy. You do know its an absolute REQUIREMENT to go to Giordano's after the bike show? Damn heathen.

Duc and KTM not being there really isnt a surprise.
                    Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
                    ASRA # 214 EX
                    RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

Hahah. We'll keep that in mind for next time.
                      John K - Appleton

Comment

Looks like Ducati might have been at the Toronto show though, at least with their Scrambler line.

I wanted to see some of the new Hondas, particularly the CB300R, CB650R, and the updated CBR650R (the faired version, the other two are their "Neo Cafe" styles). And I did, and they're nice. The CBR650R definitely improved in style and kit, but sitting on it I just didn't get excited.

The TFC Thruxton was very nice. The new Speed Twin seemed pretty nice as well but, not quote what I lust over. Same with the updated Street Twin. I always think of getting one but, not quite. The new 1200 Scrambler seems excessive. Has all the gadgets you could ever want, and a bit of weight to go with it. I just don't think that's my kind of bike after all.

The updated Katana looks better in person than it does in pictures, I think. Pretty cool.

The updated R3 is actually pretty cool. The forks and all are nice, the bars are a bit lower and sportier, but most important is the tank shape. It's flatter and a bit wider, which I like as I think the previous gen has an awkward hump shape that's so narrow it feels hard to grip. Also, it feels a bit sturdier. Like when I squeeze with my legs there's less plastic flex. I wouldn't trade and older one for a new one, but I think it's improved for sure.

Zero Motorcycles had a neat stall in back where they explained all their options/features which was very cool, but they also had a little training/demo area set up where you could run some of their bikes. In the same area Yamaha and someone else had their e-bicycles that they let people tool around on. S I though that was very cool.

I didn't want leather vests, patches for vests, or apparel complaining about cops so most of the non-manufacturer vendor stalls weren't that great.

At the end of the day though, I'm still in lust with the Street Triple. And I apologize to anyone within 15-20ft of me as I was getting excited explaining all the differences between the various models!

Matt J., Appleton
                        2015 Yamaha R3
                        Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper View Post
                          Duc and KTM not being there really isnt a surprise.
                          I'm not sure why you would say that, I was surprised at no KTM and Duc. They were both at the show with very nice booths in 2017 (when I was there last).

The show this year wasn't stellar, but I was glad to get out and sit on a few bikes and catch up with friends.

Comment

Working...
                          X