Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else see this?

https://powersports.honda.com/2019/c...cedesktop=true

I feel like this is finally the bike that many of us have been asking for from the Japanese for a long time!

Street Legal
    Real Motor, not some detuned POS
    Real suspension, not some cheap crap
    FI
    6 Speed
    Electric Start
    Japanese reliability
    289# full of fuel and oil

Boy oh Boy, my future is looking Red. Can't wait to see if the reviews are as good as it sounds!
    Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Let Motard Mania begin. LOL

Comment

Interestingly, they posted this video today also...

Comment

Mmmmm. A lot of people have been waiting for this. Adding it to my own wish list.
        John K - Appleton

Comment

Originally posted by Zaph View Post
          Mmmmm. A lot of people have been waiting for this. Adding it to my own wish list.
          Yes, it seems like this bike has been a no brainer for a long time....not sure why it has taken so long. Every other street legal dual sport from Japan is overweight, underpowered, with budget suspension. I can't figure out why this has taken so long...
          Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Comment

For 10 years the Yamaha WR250R/X has been the gold standard in higher performance dual purpose bikes. Fuel injected high-compression motor, aluminum frame, good suspension, etc. It's had everything everyone ever wanted, except being a 450.
            John K - Appleton

Comment

Or the KTM's...but of course they break down every other day and parts cost a fortune.

Comment

Price seems high to me for what it is and what it would be used for...but at least it's available.

Maybe other manufacturers will come out with similar and drive prices down.

Comment

Eh, it has an intended use comparable to the KTM/Husky/Beta options. It's a more serious dirtbike with a plate, not a mild dual sport. I'm far from an expert here, but it's sounding, preliminary, like it's not going to take over from the WR250R completely. It doesn't have the travel distance with that 2g tank, and it's maintenance intervals sound more MX then DS. Having said that it's only been offically acknowledged for what, 8hrs now? Nobody has had a chance to really get on one.
                  Matt J., Appleton
                  2015 Yamaha R3
                  Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Originally posted by EchoRomeoCharlie View Post
                    Price seems high to me for what it is and what it would be used for...but at least it's available.

Maybe other manufacturers will come out with similar and drive prices down.
                    How much can prices really be driven down if it actually has good spec suspension and motor? You can buy a fist full of heavy, under powered, crap suspension, dual sports for $5K.

If it is between this, or a KTM/Husky/Beta....i know It's a vote for Honda for me.

Someone is probably working on an aftermarket larger fuel tank already.

Comment

It weighs too much.
                      2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
                      2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

oh my, that's a high price-point.

I like red bikes.
                        WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Yea, I was really intrigued until I saw that it cost 10 freaking grand

Comment

I guess the price point doesn't seem that unreasonable to me, when you look at the field. Its meant to compete with the KTM's/huskys/betas. And i bet parts will be more reasonable and accessible on a Honda then those...I am sure they could go budget on everything and save a few grand...so you can spend the money to get it back to what you want...

Certainly not the bike for everyone. But the world has enough low budget disappointing dual sports IMO.

What are you guys thinking price point should be for a ripper, that in theory needs very little?

Comment

Originally posted by Tammy View Post
                              It's not a Yamaha.
                              FTFY

Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
                              LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

Working...
                              X