Full Fairing vs Naked Top Speed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full Fairing vs Naked Top Speed?

Since I just can't leave anything alone I'm considering ditching the full fairing look on my SV.

If it ain't broke fiddle with it until it is.

How much of an effect do you suppose this will have on the top speed?
    no fairing.jpg
    Last edited by Tammy; 07-07-2018, 01:53 PM.
    2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
    1999 BMW R1100S(track/race CCS AM#259)
    1999 BMW R1100S(parts)

You just like making things harder for yourself don't you lol? I bet you'd lose 5mph on a straight like RA. 123 (gps) instead of 128 going into T5.

I say keep em until you crash and they are trashed lol.
    Last edited by Rocky5000100; 07-07-2018, 12:01 PM.
    You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

Well they are pretty much trashed. Held together with paint and rough fiberglass repair patches.
      1999 BMW R1100S(parts)

Comment

I was questioned and a couple others had to chime in, but eventually I was allowed to run without a 'wind screen'.
        I was asked if the bike had one when I bought it...etc.

If you remove the upper, you may still need to have a wind screen attached, somehow.
        WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

I would keep the windscreen and nose section of my existing fairings and buy a slim race bellypan.
          1999 BMW R1100S(parts)

Comment

Originally posted by Spoot View Post
            I was questioned and a couple others had to chime in, but eventually I was allowed to run without a 'wind screen'.
            I was asked if the bike had one when I bought it...etc.

If you remove the upper, you may still need to have a wind screen attached, somehow.
            There is no requirement for a windscreen in CCS. Hell theres no requirement for full bodywork other than a containment belly pan. WERA is the one that gets all picky on bodywork. We've had a few bikes run with just a 12x10 number plate on the front.
            Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
            ASRA # 214 EX
            RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

If there's still a windscreen to tuck behind, I'd bet you won't lose as much as you'd think.

It's the people running true nekkid bikes that become human parachutes above 100 mph.

Heck break out a GPS and do some testing at a track day to find out.
              John K - Appleton

Comment

Originally posted by Zaph View Post
                Heck break out a GPS and do some testing at a track day to find out.
                That's a good idea. It's not too hard to pull the fairings and I'm headed to RA on Monday.
                1999 BMW R1100S(parts)

Comment

You would lose several MPH in top speed everywhere.

I think of the Britton when I think of naked race bikes that actually only had a windscreen and belly pan. It worked because the radiator was also in the tail section. This made the whole bike narrower than your standard race bike. With the radiator in the front of the SV and no way to redirect the wind around the bike you are just going to be a big brick.
                  Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
                  LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

Working...
                  X