Favorite brand of tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most hand tools Husky unless channellock's makes them

I've used alot of higher end tools and either they break or they don't have the higher tooth count that I like

Comment

Originally posted by Tammy View Post
      Whatever I can borrow off of people

Anything in my dads shop if I don't have it.

Harbor freight anything. (if I break one it makes me feel like a big strong man!)

In that order.
      Fixed
      You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

All Craftsmen at work and home for the most part. I have some snap-on, proto and etc. Being a Maintenance guy I need decent stuff. I go through a set of standard gear wrenches every year, normally destroy a few 9/16 wrenches every year. We use all hilti cordless power tools, we destroy impacts and drills rather frequently, my grinder got dropped in a oil quench tank brand new and still works amazingly 3-4years later.

FYI lowes carries craftsmen now, saw the commercial last night. I'll stick to them over snap-on, too rich for my blood.

I bought a set of snap-ring pliers on amazon last year, they are very nice,
        https://www.amazon.com/d/Snap-Ring-P...ap+ring+pliers

Comment

Great thread!

I'm late to the party, sorry: I have Craftsman hand tools which I acquired slowly over the early 2000's. I have had them replace many ratchet handles since then. If I was to buy another set today I think I would give Stanley a shot at being a cost effective but decently robust option with a lifetime warranty. They are one of the few value brands which has 6 point only sockets kits. I stay away from 12pts. I attached a link from a representative kit.

Related story: I tried to pull the cam pulleys off my Subaru WRX EJ20 motor which are notoriously difficult to break loose. Had a 3/8" internal hex bit, 3/8" to 1/2" adapter on a 18" - 1/2" breaker bar with a jack handle on it for additional leverage (they were hard to break loose like I said). Snapped off two Craftsman's like nothing on the same bolt, it didn't budge. Went on my Subaru forum. Guy on there said to buy the Stanley kit 85-708, I did, same set up as above to remove all the cam bolts and the Stanley tool held up just fine. Night and day difference on that tool:
          https://www.stanleytools.com/product...ket-set/85-708

The 269-piece Mechanics Tool Set is a complete set of tools for mechanics that includes ratchets (? in. to ? in. drive sizes), SAE and Metric sockets (? in. to ? in. drive sizes), extension bars, nut bits, hex keys, combination wrenches, and more. It all comes packaged in an injection molded case for easy tool storage.

Comment

Working...
          X