Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cranium care - 4 out of 10 DOT-Certified Helmets Fail Government Performance Tests

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cranium care - 4 out of 10 DOT-Certified Helmets Fail Government Performance Tests

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/201...ormance-tests/

Did i miss which helmets it was? Should list them. If it happens a couple times to the same company, people need to stop buying them
    Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Comment

Just stay away from brand x Chinese helmets and you'll be fine I'm sure.
      John K - Appleton

Comment

I would actually bet money there are some major brands in there, and the article didn't name them for fear of losing advertising dollars.....
        Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Comment

"HCI" brand helmets seemed to be half of the performance failures. There were ~3 speed n strength models that failed, as well as an AGV.

Comment

Well the other thing is that the phrase "government performance tests" doesn't exactly inspire confidence. As if anyone in the government anywhere has any clue about anything.

You can bet that every one of those helmets that failed is still going to do a pretty good job at protecting your head.

I don't put a lot of stock in ANY helmet certification. That includes the new FIM standard. It's all just a cash grab with orgs who want helmet manufacturers to pay for a sticker. Respectable helmet manufacturers do their own testing and set their own standards. The stupid stickers just help them sell it.
            John K - Appleton

Comment

Working...
            X