Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MotoAmerica: "Junior Cup" Open To All Manufacturers Will Replace KTM RC Cup In 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MotoAmerica: "Junior Cup" Open To All Manufacturers Will Replace KTM RC Cup In 2018

Looks like they are opening up the junior cup to all qualifying bikes now! Should be exciting, and better to spot a particular rider, rather than the big blob of orange currently.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...c-cup-in-2018/
    You should see me in a headsock !

This is pretty cool, wonder if they're going to use some/all of the World SSP300 rules. Though modified of course, since as I recall the KTMs aren't legal right now.
    The big question I have is how the current teams are going to react, that's a lot of people who have the 390s already.
    Matt J., Appleton
    2015 Yamaha R3
    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Cool. I love to see young kids on the little bikes. I like the the SSP300 rule structure, the way they equalize the bikes with individual rev limits. Makes for competitive racing with a wide variety of bikes. I'm not sure, but I think RC390's are allowed in SSP300, but it was curious why there are none. I suspected maybe the rules didn't favor that bike and nobody wanted to run in it.
      John K - Appleton

Comment

I think it is pretty affordable racing. I hope they run a supersport/superbike format. I wonder if there has been measurable trickle down to the local level across the country.

Comment

Working...
        X