• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCS Blackhawk Farms 5-19,20

Here we go!

Who's planning on attending round two?
    Both days?
    Camping?

I'll be at the Motovid day on Friday but I haven't decided if I want to camp there all weekend because I don't think I'm going to practice on Saturday.

I'm an idiot because I missed pre entry prices AGAIN but I'm going to race GTL, LWSS, ULSB, and possibly Thunderbike.

IF my bike doesn't set fire to the new wiring harness.
    Last edited by Tammy; 05-12-2018, 01:37 PM.
    2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
    1999 BMW R1100S(track/race CCS AM#259)
    1999 BMW R1100S(parts)

Ever find the cause?
    Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
    ASRA # 214 EX
    RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

No but the old harness had so many loose "street" wires I'm banking on one of those as the issue.

Lol I guess I'll find out during GTL.
      1999 BMW R1100S(parts)

Comment

Lol yea you will.

I'm working Motovid Friday. I'll drive the trailer up and park it, work, hopefully do tech on Friday night if it's open, then drive home. It's only 1 hour now. I'm not doing practice Saturday. I'll drive back Sunday morning (or maybe Saturday night, undecided). GTL, LWSS, ULSB again.
        You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

I'll be there assuming my water pump parts show up in time and go back together well... Hopefully the forecast improves!

Comment

Good luck this weekend! Wish I could make it back up there.
            www.MidwestTrackDay.com
            www.MTDtracksupport.com

Please remember the Roadracing World Action Fund in the upcoming holiday season
            https://secure.echoalley.com/actionfund/

Comment

I'll also be working MotoVid Friday, parking the trailer and hopefully getting tech'ed Friday evening, and then coming back Sunday morning for the practice and races.
              sigpic

Team MSB Racing
              Sponsors: MadisonSBK.com, MadWraps, LLC
              CCS MW expert #310
              2008 Honda CBR1000RR

Comment

All you guys parking on Friday need to leave room for us riding that day! haha As of now I'm heading down Thursday and staying overnight to avoid the 2.5hr drive before riding all day. Not staying for the races, though.
                Matt J., Appleton
                2015 Yamaha R3
                Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

We should all pit together even if not all of us will be there Saturday!

1999 BMW R1100S(parts)

Comment

*MOSTLY* practice on Saturday. The ASRA Team Challenge Shit Show Extraordinaire closes out activities on Saturday.

Please remember to remove your belly pans from your bikes when you report to tech. This SIGNIFICANTLY speeds up the process. If you can't bring your gear with you, show up with your gear FIRST *THEN* bring your bike. CCS Tech Inspectors cannot give you the sticker, we mst affix it ourselves.

Also: All oil filters MUST be band clamped and wired. no exceptions this year.

There will a limited supply of *mostly* correct sized band clamps available in tech in case you, erm, forget. $2 or one beer (or 2 busch lights) is all I ask in exchange.

Make sure your numbers are legible, in a straight line, at least 1" in diameter, and 1" from the edge of the number plate. if you have one number on the tail, it must be read from the back of the motorcycle. belly pan numbers affixed on both sides are required for those with only one number on the tail.

What else?

Oh! Clean your motors you filthy animals!
                    Last edited by Knightslugger; 05-16-2018, 08:16 AM.
                    MW CCS Safety Crew

Comment

Originally posted by Knightslugger View Post
                      What else?
                      Items that are required to be safety wired: use safety wire only! No safety clips/pins. I believe you can use a safety clip on other items if you choose, such as the rear axle nut.

Don't miss the rider meetings!

sigpic

Team MSB Racing
                      Sponsors: MadisonSBK.com, MadWraps, LLC
                      CCS MW expert #310
                      2008 Honda CBR1000RR

Comment

Originally posted by Tammy View Post
                        We should all pit together even if not all of us will be there Saturday!
                        I was planning on pitting in the normal area between T4-T5 even when I thought I was going to be the only one.
                        Matt J., Appleton
                        2015 Yamaha R3
                        Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky310 View Post

Items that are required to be safety wired: use safety wire only! No safety clips/pins. I believe you can use a safety clip on other items if you choose, such as the rear axle nut.

Don't miss the rider meetings!
                          oh yeah. gigged a few folks on that at ACC. hell yeah! if oil can come out of it, it shall be safety wired. And i don't mean a wire is attached to it, safety wiring is a specific method of wiring, and we do check it. if i can grab and loosen it just a little bit, u dun it wrong pard. a loose oil fill *WILL* spray, guaranteed.

Wire it in such a way that the tension of the wire is pulling it tight-er.
                          Last edited by Knightslugger; 05-16-2018, 09:16 AM.
                          MW CCS Safety Crew

Comment

DUDE, do I keep seeing you in tech or walking past but never say 'Hi' ??
                            I'm sorry. I will stop in this weekend and make a point to say Haaaay. (or something)
                            WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Spoot is a JERK
                              1999 BMW R1100S(parts)

Comment

Working...
                              X