CCS - BFR - September 22nd & 23rd 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it really that different between T4 and T5 though?**

Ok, it doesn't seem that way when I'm out there, but looking at the map I guess it should be? I had always thought that from the bus stop to T5 was a spot where the hp difference wasn't really an issue. If the rider could corner well enough, they would just maintain momentum until the exit of 5. I think at this point I'm just seriously underestimating the pulling power of, well, everyone else.
    Matt J., Appleton
    2015 Yamaha R3
    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Originally posted by badmoon692008 View Post
      I had a great weekend, won three races, got a second and a third. Locked up four class championships and four track championships, UNLSS, UNLGP, GTO, and HWSB... I'm pretty proud of taking all three unlimited classes I was running on my tired 750.
      Congrats on your championships as well!

Also to anyone else I've missed in this thread already, congrats to you too.

Matt J., Appleton
      2015 Yamaha R3
      Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-J2 View Post
        Is it really that different between T4 and T5 though?**

Ok, it doesn't seem that way when I'm out there, but looking at the map I guess it should be? I had always thought that from the bus stop to T5 was a spot where the hp difference wasn't really an issue. If the rider could corner well enough, they would just maintain momentum until the exit of 5. I think at this point I'm just seriously underestimating the pulling power of, well, everyone else.
        Yea, most of us aren't on R3s

According to my GPS lap timer, bus stop is taken at 41mph, I accelerate to 64mph, slow to 53mph for T4 apex, accelerate to 79mph before T5 turn in.

So just in the T4 - T5 stretch, that's a 26mph gain on an SV650. I don't think little bikes gain that much speed in that stretch
        You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky5000100 View Post

Yea, most of us aren't on R3s

According to my GPS lap timer, bus stop is taken at 41mph, I accelerate to 64mph, slow to 53mph for T4 apex, accelerate to 79mph before T5 turn in.

So just in the T4 - T5 stretch, that's a 26mph gain on an SV650. I don't think little bikes gain that much speed in that stretch
          True! Sometimes it's hard to tel if I'm slow in a spot just because I'm slow, or because my bike is slow. It's almost always both of course.

I didn't actually realize there was that much difference going through there though, so thanks!

Matt J., Appleton
          2015 Yamaha R3
          Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Just as a note I would not say the crash for Spoot was due to a fast bike slow bike difference.

VA guy followed him from the bus stop all the way to turn 5. Spoot wasn't hit from behind. Rather he was sideswiped when VA guy was side by side with him.

That crash could have happened with anybody and any bike at any speed. It was just a simple matter of the other guy turning in too soon.

2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
            2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

Maybe VA Guy just expected Spoot to turn in earlier than he did. I mean I know how that feels. That happened to me in turn 2 one year when I was going to pass on the outside and it was just oh sh1t - no contact, but I ended up going super wide and making my pass on the grass between turn 2 and 3. Captured on video by DrtDrftr and posted on the internets forever. Hahah nobody can do anything stupid without a camera rolling these days.

Originally posted by badmoon692008 View Post
              I had a great weekend, won three races, got a second and a third. Locked up four class championships and four track championships, UNLSS, UNLGP, GTO, and HWSB...
              Holy moly congrats! Looks like the deep end of white plates next year for sure. Though at the pace you've been gaining, you'll do well there too.

John K - Appleton

Comment

HUGE Congrats to:

Badmoon692008 for FOUR Amateur class Championships! = Unlimited SS, Unlimited GP, GTO, and Heavyweight SB
                Rocky5000100 for his Amateur class Championship = GT Lights
                Tammy for 2 Blackhawk Farms Amateur Championships = GT Lights & Lightweight SS

Woo Hoo !
                Last edited by Spoot; 09-26-2018, 07:49 PM.
                WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tammy View Post
                  Just as a note I would not say the crash for Spoot was due to a fast bike slow bike difference.

VA guy followed him from the bus stop all the way to turn 5. Spoot wasn't hit from behind. Rather he was sideswiped when VA guy was side by side with him.

That crash could have happened with anybody and any bike at any speed. It was just a simple matter of the other guy turning in too soon.
                  Yea, just watched the video.. not sure what the hell the other guy was thinking... was like right alongside him and just turned into him and pulled his handlebar along for the ride... that was pretty ridiculous

Comment

Updated points have been posted on CCS.

Comment

I love how sometimes they can take 3-4 weeks to point points and times, other times 2 days. Wtf.

I finished 9th overall Amateur, 403 points, 589 index. I probably could have finished two places further back in GTl, and not won a championship, and stayed Amateur haha. Either way, I'm happy to have finished above .500 index.

Tyson, you certainly have enough points to be expert!

Comment

42'nd amateur for me. Whoooohoooo!

Comment

I'm 73rd amateur. u rah rah

Laptimes are up, too!

http://www.motolaptimes.com/2018/BFR...R%20092218.htm
                          Last edited by Spoot; 09-26-2018, 07:58 PM.
                          WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Not all the times though lol, half of the links don't work...

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky5000100 View Post
                              Not all the times though lol, half of the links don't work...
                              all of yours were ok for me.
                              WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Comment

Originally posted by Spoot View Post

all of yours were ok for me.
                                Same for me, but i wanted to check out Kayla's times.

Comment

Working...
                                X