Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had looked at hers too...hehe
    WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Well it was just shy of 4 weeks after having a clavicle plate put in but my strength and range of motion is ok so I was able to suit up and do one slow lap in ultralight superbike and finish last which was enough to hold on to that midwest championship. I gave up my lead in lightweight superbike after not scoring any points in August but i did a few laps in that race on Sunday which salvaged a 3rd place in that championship. I lost out on a top-10 expert plate so thats a bummer but there's always next year.
      Jared Herbig Racing - "Like" me on Facebook - CCS #323
      01' SV650
      Lockhart Phillips - Vortex - Spears Racing - TSE - Gron4 - Motorex - Woodcraft

Comment

Well turns out I did my math wrong and took the track championship in all 5 classes I ran... Pretty happy about that. Here's the video of my HWSS race... man it was fun. Start sucked, then I made a bunch of mistakes on the first lap after being flustered... and came back and ran my 3 best laps ever to almost take the win.
        https://youtu.be/EZ-lVNJV21s

Comment

DANG, that was close!
          If you had a better 1st lap, that race would have been yours.
          or, if you could have passed that other guy right away, you would have kept up with the lead pack...

Nice race!
          WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

LWSS for the championship vs Jon Kipp. I would catch him T1 - T6, but I'm still a scaredy cat in the Kink, so I would lose ground there.

Also need to be more agressive in T1 on the start.

Video is still processing as of 1:40pm
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIHF...ature=youtu.be
            You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

@ Rocky - on the last lap, I would'a stayed wide to line up for T1, then tried to carry a little more corner speed and better drive out on exit.
              That may have propelled you to set up a pass going into T3 - as he always seemed to take a really wide entry, leaving room for an inside pass.
              ...then hope you can make it stick there.
              Nice race !!
              WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Comment

Damn Derek that was an exciting watch! You might want to work on camera location though.
                2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
                2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

Originally posted by Tammy View Post
                  Damn Derek that was an exciting watch! You might want to work on camera location though.
                  I've been thinking the same thing with the camera placement, but I wanted to wait for someone who's mounted a camera themselves to speak up first!
                  Matt J., Appleton
                  2015 Yamaha R3
                  Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

My tank-mount is up a bit from Rocky's, too. slightly better view through the screen.
                    But, sometimes the camera gets in the way of me tucking down on the straight...
                    WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Comment

Nice race Derek. It's always hard when you're just slightly faster than the guy in front of you, but not enough to safely make your move.

Best camera mount is one that fits behind the windscreen with a formed bracket that mounts between the front subframe. It's out of the way when you tuck and it stays clean from bugs behind the screen too.
                      John K - Appleton

Comment

When it comes to camera placement I really want to see the rpm and speed since the data logger things are expensive. And being able to see the top triple is good to show steering input.
                        2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
                        2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

For all those commenting on the camera, yes I wish i had another arm attachment to raise it haha, but I didn't, and it also gets in they way of my helmet then. I think if my number plate wasn't covering part of my windscreen, it'd be better. Next year I'll figure out a better spot haha. I do like seeing the tach
                          You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

Working...
                          X