CCS rules change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CCS rules change

I just sent in two suggestions. One to make superbikey ninja 250s legal in 300 SS. The other is to change the way regional overall points are calculated so that amteurs in combined classes are only scored against the other amateurs in the combined class.
    Did y'all submit anything? I think they need to be in by end of Oct.

hmmm. I think SB & SS have been separated for some time now, only allowing you to race a full class up.
    I think Bruce has a 250 SB that walks all over the 300SS class, as it is.

What about a spec-250 class, limited to 250SS builds. Allow 17" wheel swaps & 2012 and older allow air box mods. This would then include all older Ninja 250's, Honda CBR250, GSXR250 and anything else 250cc.
    --
    Then a new class of 250SB + 300SS + R3 + restricted KTM Cup bikes+ BMW 310 = call it "The 300" (321cc limit). No GP or Pre-GP bikes. Single and twin cyl. 4-stroke. 350cc for air cooled 2-stroke.
    Then maybe let the 500SS catch everything else ?
    WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Asking Eric Kelcher for rules that promote fairness is like talking to a wall. Is Kelcher still the rules guy? All he wants is more bikes on the grid to pay more fees, screw fairness. I gave up on that.

As long as a class is combined, amateurs will never get any recognition. Amateurs basically race other amateurs for an invisible trophy. When I was racing, a few days after the race, I would go through the results, look at the names and put A's and X's next to everyone to see how I really did. Once or twice I won my invisible trophy!

I LOVE ultralight bikes. But right now the classes are broken and I can't recommend amateurs racing ultralight. Amateurs should be starting on SV650's. That class has a better structure. But keep your ultralights around for the kart tracks.

John K - Appleton

Comment

Now I see the dilema of a rules committee. Is it better to increase the participation in a class with a low participation rate, or add another class altogether to address bike parity?

I think Kawasaki contingency for the 300 bikes will cease next yr. If thats the case, I think grid size will drop to 4-5 bikes in a typ MW CCS round instead of the 6-8 u see this yr.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaph View Post

I LOVE ultralight bikes. But right now the classes are broken and I can't recommend amateurs racing ultralight. Amateurs should be starting on SV650's. That class has a better structure. But keep your ultralights around for the kart tracks.
          They did start giving trophies this yr for first amateur in combined classes. I didnt find that out until after my broken wrist so I never picked them up. I
          If they dont change scoring for amateurs in the combined races next yr, Ill just race the LW amateur classes on my 300. Im faster than half of them anyway and grids are smaller. LW GP and LW SB usually only had two am racers entered.
          I also did some math, if I were only scored against other AM riders, Id have been ~20 in overall MW AM pts and would be expert next yr with ~500 pts. Or, since most folks beating me this yr were experts, I could claim that Im #47 in expert pts.

Comment

If they gave trophies this year for first amateur in combined classes, that's a step up from when I raced. I know in at least one case I was the first amateur across the line and I got squat for it.

Your idea of just getting in lightweight is a good one. In the majority of races I was in, the white plates took off, and I found myself battling with slower lightweight guys. My passes never mattered and most of the time I got re-passed on the next straight but hey it was fun anyway.
            John K - Appleton

Comment

Working...
            X