Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slicks allowed in supersport now and new experimental class in the Midwest region.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capitalview View Post
    Ask the 300 guys if they want contingency or not too. More bikes equal better chance for contingency. The HP difference is so small it is a non issue. I can speak to that from experience. When racing against Doc on his Ninja 300 and me on my R3. There was no acceleration or HP difference. The only passing was done under braking. Granted Doc is a bit lighter than me, but it isn't by that much.
    I was behind you on the front straight a couple times. My 300 was dead even with your R3 too, but only when I'm running MR12 fuel. But yeah I hear you, they are close. This isn't like the Ninja 400 being allowed in 500SS. THAT is a problem.

I honestly don't think contingency is even a concern. People don't race for money at the club level, they just race for trophies. The money is so small it's basically nothing, or the requirements are so strict that you can't have the money. To claim contingency racers have to run a 1 year old bike. How many racers have brand new bikes? Very few. 500SS was started due to Honda contingency for the CBR 500. That didn't save it at all and not even one person raced a CBR500. $0 contingency claimed.

They need to rename the 500SS class to something else, lower the cc limit (let's say 321 parallel twin and 390 single) and take Drew J's Ninja 400 away. But if they are going to keep the class "500SS" and the other variants, then the 400 is the bike to have. Everyone keep an eye on craigslist for those rashed up newbie 400s!

I don't have an iron in the fire anymore, but when I did, I didn't want R3's in 300. However, now that amateur is split from expert, I think I'm ok with it just to make the grids bigger.
    John K - Appleton

Comment

Originally posted by Herbig View Post
      According to a recent facebook poll on the CCS page, the overwhelming majority of ppl want the R3 into 300SS & 300SB. I think they will let them in for 2020. As a ninja 250/300 guy I dont have a problem with the R3's. My problem is the stupid Ninja 400 which i hope stays in the 500 classes.
      I'm guessing many people that are against it don't want to make their voices known in that post because they don't want to deal with the mob... I could be wrong though...

Comment

Originally posted by Capitalview View Post
        I doubt Kelcher will let the R3 in. He seems to have something against Yamaha and KTM. I am guessing Yamaha and KTM just aren't paying CCS any money to include them in their classes. His "parity" argument doesn't make any sense. Especially since the Ducs are still allowed in the "lightweight" SV class and the new Triumph was immediately allowed in the MW class without any hesitation. Even though it had a 90cc increase.
        Do you really think any manufacturers are paying CCS to alter their class structure?

Comment

Originally posted by Zaph View Post

I was behind you on the front straight a couple times. My 300 was dead even with your R3 too, but only when I'm running MR12 fuel. But yeah I hear you, they are close. This isn't like the Ninja 400 being allowed in 500SS. THAT is a problem.

I honestly don't think contingency is even a concern. People don't race for money at the club level, they just race for trophies. The money is so small it's basically nothing, or the requirements are so strict that you can't have the money. To claim contingency racers have to run a 1 year old bike. How many racers have brand new bikes? Very few. 500SS was started due to Honda contingency for the CBR 500. That didn't save it at all and not even one person raced a CBR500. $0 contingency claimed.

They need to rename the 500SS class to something else, lower the cc limit (let's say 321 parallel twin and 390 single) and take Drew J's Ninja 400 away. But if they are going to keep the class "500SS" and the other variants, then the 400 is the bike to have. Everyone keep an eye on craigslist for those rashed up newbie 400s!

I don't have an iron in the fire anymore, but when I did, I didn't want R3's in 300. However, now that amateur is split from expert, I think I'm ok with it just to make the grids bigger.
          I think contingency is a concern. Maybe not to the majority of people, especially amateurs, but I can tell you that a few of the fast guys who are showing up with N400's are there for the contingency.
          Jared Herbig Racing - "Like" me on Facebook - CCS #323
          01' SV650
          Lockhart Phillips - Vortex - Spears Racing - TSE - Gron4 - Motorex - Woodcraft

Comment

I've seen contingency $ for up to 2-yr old bikes.

-zaph, there was a CBR500R @ blackhawk the first or second year. I was very tempted to buy his bike 2 years after he raced it (he sold it)
            He didn't fair very well at that time, in 500SS.

There were probably many more CBRs in the US, as CCS needs to look at rules on a Nationwide basis. But, on occasion, they do seem to have region-specific changes.
            WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Originally posted by badmoon692008 View Post

Do you really think any manufacturers are paying CCS to alter their class structure?
              There is no other reason, except stubbornness, that I can logically think of to not allow the R3 in the 300 class or the FZ07 in to the ULWSB, it being a parallel twin and the SV a V twin so the 50 cc advantage the FZ has is negated by it being a parallel twin.

This is especially true when you consider the huge advantage the Ducs have over the SVs in every class they run in and the parity issue never comes up.
              Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
              LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

I know it's different rules, but the MotoAmerica Twins class had an SV beat an MT-07 for the title. It was only by 3pts (and they were the only two riders to run the full season, sadly) so I think they wind up pretty well matched on track. On dyno comparisons I usually see the SV with a slight hp advantage and the MT with a slight torque advantage.
                Matt J., Appleton
                2015 Yamaha R3
                Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Working...
                X