Racing/track days options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing/track days options

So, I don't know what to do this year for riding. I still have the R3 but I didn't renew my license because they still have the 300 class screwed up. I was, for some crazy reason, thinking of finding an older R6 or ZX6 and doing middleweight or doing track days with one. So, I would part out the R3s race parts and put the bike back to stock first.

I could just keep the R3 and do track days too. I still have a lot to learn how to ride fast on it so it wouldn't be a bad thing to keep.

Thoughts?
    Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
    LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

What about racing in 500SS and SB? The only thing that sucks about that class is that the Ninja 400 has been allowed in it. CCS made a huge mistake there. Is that why you don't want to race in the 500 classes? How about selling the R3 and getting a Ninja 400. I was pissed at Kawi for coming out with that bike, and just messing up class standards yet again, but the truth is it's a pretty damn nice bike for the money. Lighter, more power, better frame, better suspension.

IMHO, the only reason to do track days with a little bike is to get seat time practice for racing. It's a little harder to do just for fun, with so many crazies on supersports. Unless your little bike includes primarily kart track action, then hell yeah, even for the really little bikes.
    John K - Appleton

Comment

With the r3 youd get 500 gt ss sb moto 3. If you wanted more races, it seems theres usually one paired with 300sb or 300ss that you could bump up into like lwt SS or ulwt SB.

U still amateur? Itll be me and Delaney im guessing in the 500 gt/sb / moto3 amateur classes. SS is out for me, or at least i cant finish in top 3.

Comment

I think you should just do some track days this year to get back into riding! Or come back to the SV650/FZ07 classes

Or buy an older 2nd gen R6, track ready, and do track days with that. $2000-3000.
        You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

You have significant investment in the R3.
          id suggest trackdays to get faster. Then back to races in 500 SS/sb)gt as suggested. Eval after that.
          That also gives Ccs another year to see what they do.
          WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Just run the 500 classes. Other than a couple KTM390s and a Duc Monster 600, everything else is Ninja 250/300.
            Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
            ASRA # 214 EX
            RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper View Post
              Just run the 500 classes. Other than a couple KTM390s and a Duc Monster 600, everything else is Ninja 250/300.
              Well... And Drew Jankford utterly dominating everyone on a Ninja 400.
              John K - Appleton

Comment

Originally posted by Zaph View Post

Well... And Drew Jankford utterly dominating everyone on a Ninja 400.
                Never seen a 400 listed in any results. Then again do you think it would be any different with him on a 300?
                Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
                ASRA # 214 EX
                RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

Image1.jpg
                  He's in there all year decimating the class. It's a tough combo. A very, very skilled rider, who is very well funded. Buys a brand new bike to race with. I wouldn't doubt he's running MR12, a full supersport engine build, fresh tires all the time, and he's on a class cheater bike to top it off.

But look at this list. There's no reason an R3 can't get in this group and race with all the other bikes, most of which are slower Ninja 300s/
                  John K - Appleton

Comment

I'd also assume within the next few years when there's more used/crashed N400s on the market that more of them will show up to race. Ahh well, it is what it is.

Other ideas are try a 600 for fun. Or the MT-07 is looking pretty good and getting more support for race parts and such all the time. I know you can even change the parts to use R6 forks, or just do like the R3 and get emulators/cartridge kits. I know I saw both run in MotoAmerica though the fork swap seemed to do better.
                    Matt J., Appleton
                    2015 Yamaha R3
                    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Just FYI, when I ran multiple classes on different bikes, CCS results just listed what ever bike I listed first on the race entry. I have been listed as running a GSXR-750 in GTL, and a SV-650 in UL SB etc. So not sure you can trust that piece of info, though I have no knowledge that Drew DOESN'T run a 400 in that class...

Comment

He's on a 400. Though it doesn't look like one. Bike is so new, they don't make race fairings for it yet so he's fit up some other fairings. Looks weird but fast as hell for the class.

But yeah, I'm sure Mitch Stein wasn't running a SV650 in GT500 so I see what you mean. I'm guessing he got on his dad's old yeller 300.
                        John K - Appleton

Comment

Originally posted by Zaph View Post
                          But yeah, I'm sure Mitch Stein wasn't running a SV650 in GT500 so I see what you mean. I'm guessing he got on his dad's old yeller 300.
                          Mitch is Doc's brother, haha!

I was wondering how a SV650 or the Monster 600 is running in the 500 class. Other than running on one cylinder. I suppose that is a possibility.

Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
                          LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

Well I bet he's Doc's younger brother then. Hahah.
                            John K - Appleton

Comment

I have a beat sv650 you are welcome to use if you'd like.
                              2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
                              2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

Working...
                              X