No announcement yet.

Racing/track days options

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to throw this in, MotoAmerica and WSBK will be allowing in a kit from Yamaha to bring up the R3 to 49 rwhp. Kits sold to licensed racers only and priority to competitors in those organizations, but if you have a secret contact, could be a plan! Also, if you do, let me know. I might also like 49hp. Superbike builds and such only, of course.

http://www.roadracingworld.com/news/...e-kit-in-2019/
    Matt J., Appleton
    2015 Yamaha R3
    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

IF it was 1k I would seriously think about it. Oh well, I am not a licensed racer anymore. Of course, that isn't hard to change.

I wonder what else is included besides pistons.
      Last edited by Capitalview; 01-30-2019, 09:02 PM.
      Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
      LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

"The kit includes pistons, camshafts, air funnels, gaskets and build specifications."

Comment

Originally posted by Capitalview View Post
          IF it was 1k I would seriously think about it. Oh well, I am not a licensed racer anymore. Of course, that isn't hard to change.

I wonder what else is included besides pistons.
          Geoff mentioned most of it. There's also the piston rings/coating I think. I know they mentioned it's basically a drop in type kit, displacement remains the same but compression increases.

I assume the $1k cost is for the teams in the big series, but also because Yamaha is still reeling a bit from last season where they mostly fell flat in both series. In WSSP300 they were #2 manufactuer with KTM #3, but it was only by 1pt and Yamaha had more than twice as many riders listed for the season.

I don wonder if this means they're looking into other changes for the MY 2020-21 with this being the fix for now. Or if the street version engine remains largely the same and this is just the race option.
          Matt J., Appleton
          2015 Yamaha R3
          Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Working...
          X