No announcement yet.

BHF June 22-23 SPRINTS + Sat practice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whelp, because I'm dumb and forgot CCS doesn't work on Friday, I may do the Learning Curves Clinic to get my race license for Sunday seeing as my renewal won't get there on time.

Has anyone done this course? Looks like it's a good class and one of their racers got into (two races of) MotoGP

Edit: Apparently, you can buy a license same day. The school would be nice but I'd rather get more practice time, learning wets if I have to...
    Last edited by Woozuki; 06-20-2019, 11:53 AM. Reason: Additional Detail

Comment

Are u just renewing CCS lic?
      or never had one?
      WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Renewing.

Comment

You dont need to take the school over if you had a ccs license within the previous 5 yrs.
          Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
          ASRA # 214 EX
          RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

Oh is everyone planning on T3 for pits?
            Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
            ASRA # 214 EX

Comment

Didn't see this until now, but we were in Garage 4 (in anticipation of rain).

Comment

Didn't matter. When I got up, my fucking knee was killing me to the point it was hard to stand much less walk. Wasn't even thinking about trying to head out. Still is popping. Fucking storms.

CCS # 14 EX
                ASRA # 214 EX

Comment

Well, Saturday was beautiful all day and pretty much couldn't have asked for better weather for practice. I definitely had to make some changes to how I approach the track now that I dropped down to a 600 and still was struggling with that all weekend. Got down into the 15's which was around my normal race pace last year until the last round when I hit a couple 14's and one high 13, so with it being only my second time on the new bike and first time at this track I was alright.

Sunday woke up to heavy rain, which stopped just in time for practice to be useless. Schedule was changed to try to get as many races in before rain showed up (but ended up being changed back) First two races were "dry" but the track was still damp in many spots. I was in Race 3 (GTU), we all went out on slicks, and the front guys were moving pretty good. After a couple laps we had some sprinkles in turn 7, then turn 4 had sprinkles and 7 was dry... then another lap and it was raining on the whole track, I came around to Turn 7 and the whole leading pack was laying in the grass on the outside of the turn, I was in a group of 4, one crashed and joined them, another stood up and ran off, and me and another made the corner... as we were both exiting turn 1 (as the leaders now I believe) we both had a decent slide, and by turn 3 it had been red flagged(a common theme throughout the day) I came in and left my slicks on as it wasn't raining hard enough yet for rains and given we more rain was forecast I didn't want to burn mine up. I stood around for 5 of the 10 minutes alotted to change to rains and then it started raining much harder and a rushed to change getting them on and tight just in time for last call. A handful of riders pulled off after the sighting lap, and away we went. I got the wholeshot and led for a whole lap in front of Jody Barry, which is a sentence I didn't think I'd ever be able to type, tried to keep him in view for the second lap, and when I looked behind me coming onto the straight to start the third lap we had already pulled a full straight gap on the next bike so I backed way off... Was running 1:40's for pretty much the whole race and on the white flag lap I saw someone behind me as I turned to look. Ended up running my fastest lap of the race on the last lap with a 1:35 trying to make sure I didn't get caught. Ended up finishing in second for my first ever Expert podium, and even though there wasn't a ton of bikes out there I was pretty happy with it.

The middle of the day was uneventful as my results go, but quite eventful on track. I think I ended up having 4 or 5 out of my 6 races get Red Flagged at one point or another. One before the warm up lap was even completed. Had a couple good battles with people but wasn't feeling fast most of the day.

Second to last race of the day was HWSB, went out and got the wholeshot, and felt pretty good leading my first ever dry expert race. Got passed my Nate Minster and he quickly gapped me. He ended up crashing in Turn 7 and I was back in the lead with Schwags hot on my tail. We had just crossed the finish line to start the fourth lap (of a shortened 6 lap race) when it was Red flagged for another crash. When they sent us in from hot pit instead of waiting around I was pumped that I'd gotten my first win but it was quickly deflated as they walked over 5 minutes later with our grid spots for the restart. TSE got Nate fixed up and he easily took the win on the restart, me and Schwags had a great battle for second and he ended up besting me and I finished 3rd. Still definitely unexpected to get any podiums period let alone a dry podium so it was a successful weekend for me.

I'm still not happy with my pace but the last race of the day I finally started feeling more comfortable in the few spots I'd been struggling in all weekend and I look forward to seeing how I can do at the next round especially with getting two days of races with the twin sprints.

Comment

Damn what a long day it was Sunday. Damn I was slow as hell too. I got two firsts in 300 & 500 SB amateur and two third place finishes in moto3 and gt500. No crashes or broken bones this time.

Im on the green #501 yellow plate ninja 250.

Comment

I won two races! (Please ignore the fact I was the only entry (actually, I think I managed to lose one of them because I ran out of fuel after two laps, or maybe one...)).

2nd in amateur LW SS. I think I was holding up a group because I brake like an arse but people were hesitant to pass in the earlier races.

Also was slow as hell.

Comment

Really nice writeup badmoon, I wondered how race 3 had played out.

Long day for sure, I lost count of all the red flags. I didn't have one race where I left the paddock, completed a race, and returned to paddock without some interruption. Each time I was sent back to the paddock at least once or long delay. Pretty crazy given the weather wasn't near as bad as anticipated, hope everyone involved is alright.

Sorry I didn't get to meet Dave above, he evidently beat me twice (300SB and Moto3) - congratulations on the good results Dave.

Comment

Hey Fenter, yep saw u on the grid. Nice lookin bike! Ill look out for you in the pits next time. Im usually parket around turn 4 myself.

Comment

Did anyone know what happened to the guy who appeared to go down right at pit exit? He was either in my Thunderbike race or the race before and it red flagged us in the middle of our warmup lap. Really bizarre place for an incident and it looked pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Woozuki View Post
                              Did anyone know what happened to the guy who appeared to go down right at pit exit? He was either in my Thunderbike race or the race before and it red flagged us in the middle of our warmup lap. Really bizarre place for an incident and it looked pretty bad.
                              Assuming you're talking about the collision that happened on pit lane everyone drove themselves home, which is honestly a great outcome compared to what it could have been. Speculation was he had some bruised/broken ribs and got his bell rung but was in one piece.

He had back to back races and somehow decided sitting at the end of hot pit right where the gap is to head out on track would be a good idea. A group of bikes headed out at the same time for the warmup lap and as they all saw him and checked up to avoid him one went the wrong way and had to grab a handful, bumped another bike, tucked the front end, and smashed into the stationary bike. Really a stupid move and unfortunate that it happened because of someone making a bonehead mistake. Was even more surprised that there was an official standing there talking to him and they allowed him to stay there while bikes were heading out. Definitely going to be some rules/regulations made as a result, although there's already a cold and hot side of pit lane that he was ignoring so I don't know what more would need to be done other than stare him in the face and say Don't be stupid, Stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by badmoon692008 View Post

He had back to back races and somehow decided sitting at the end of hot pit right where the gap is to head out on track would be a good idea.
                                So he was pitting on the left side of the pit lane (hot side) close to pit out, an official noticed this and seemingly allowed it, and then another official released the next race group with him sitting there talking to the first official?

Possibly not much time passed between these events, but wow. Given these things, I'm glad it wasn't worse. Good learning moment for others. I will now be more cautious leaving the pits.

Comment

Working...
                                X