No announcement yet.

BHF June 22-23 SPRINTS + Sat practice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I honestly place more blame on the official than the rider, especially if the rider is new. That being said, stopping on hot side, pit out is one of the last things you should do, but the official should have immediately barked and sent him off.

I think someone is going to get an earful and then some over this. I always had a sketchy gut feeling blasting WOT out of the pits. Guess it's not entirely unjustified.

Comment

I wonder if that's the reason for the new 40 mph pit lane speed limit that Motovid imposed on Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by derekcb View Post
        I wonder if that's the reason for the new 40 mph pit lane speed limit that Motovid imposed on Monday.
        Don't most race bikes not have speedos?

Honestly, speedos, tachs, or really any form of instrumentation on a race bike are superfluous anyway

Comment

Originally posted by derekcb View Post
          Separate things.

CR's should be taking a relatively easy pace on the out-lap of a track day session, to give all the riders a chance to get their tires warmed up, get their suspensions warmed up, get themselves settled, etc. There's no reason a CR should just take off and leave everyone behind, even in the blue group where most riders use tire warmers.

I believe it can be a track rule and/or an organization rule to have (or to not have) a pit speed limit. Given the smallish size of the hot pit area at Blackhawk, that there's the 'crossing over' of traffic coming in and going out, as well as the potential for people to stop and chat with teammates (sometimes necessary during races, since once you enter the paddock your out of a race), there should definitely be a speed limit, if there isn't one already; and if there is one, it really needs to start getting enforced.

I believe Road America already has their own pit speed limit of 55mph, and they have WAY more room, have spots for people to stop along pit wall, and don't have incoming bikes crossing paths with outgoing bikes.

Just like a blend line, it's an issue of safety, especially at Blackhawk, and should be enforced without exception.
          sigpic

Team MSB Racing
          Sponsors: MadisonSBK.com, MadWraps, LLC
          CCS MW expert #310
          2008 Honda CBR1000RR

Comment

They say 40 but what they mean is a reasonable pace. No ripping down pit lane like it's the straight. Exercising some restraint gauges or not makes sense. There's nothing to gain by going full send past race control to start a sighting lap.
            2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
            2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

By the way Tammy it was nice meeting you and finally seeing your sombrero in person (it's quite impressive). Thanks for coming by and socializing with us in the garage. I hope to meet others from the forum at upcoming events.

Comment

Just short shift to 3rd gear on hot pit and cruise till you get past the line and then do what you want. Or you can buy a kit ECU and sputter like a pro at exactly 60 kph.

Comment

Originally posted by fenter View Post
                  By the way Tammy it was nice meeting you and finally seeing your sombrero in person (it's quite impressive). Thanks for coming by and socializing with us in the garage. I hope to meet others from the forum at upcoming events.
                  It was nice to meet you as well!
                  2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
                  2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

Working...
                  X