Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What happens when no one listens to the rules at the riders meeting.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happens when no one listens to the rules at the riders meeting.

This is on the CCS sites main page.

Apparently some people cant control themselves and the track management had enough of it. Heres what Kevin Elliott put up.

Unfortunately the actions of a few are affecting the many.

June 3, 2019
    Over Memorial Day weekend several rider's failed to control the use of bicycles, pit bikes, atvs and golf carts by racers, crew and family. After multiple warnings by track security, MARRC officials and CCS staff, the reckless behavior of both unaccompanied minors and adults has forced Summit Point Raceway to add additional security to patrol the paddock and wooded areas during our events.

This will effectively increase the cost of each weekend by approximately $2000 which regrettably will be passed on to the rider at a $10 per event surcharge. Also included in that fee is the increased cost of disposal of old tires, fuel cans and broken awnings that have been left on the property by our participants. (Remember you can return unwanted tires or fuel cans to their respective representative for free disposal.)

This pit vehicle situation can go two ways, one good and one bad. We are 100% in control of the outcome.

IF, and only if, we can prove that we can police ourselves over the rest of the 2019 season, SPR will remove the extra security allowing ASRA/CCS to remove the surcharge. (This is what we hope for!)

The bad ending is the complete ban of bicycle, pit bike, atv and golf cart use at our events. This can happen between the June and August events or at any time SPR Security feels they have lost control of the situation.

Please help us return to the days where we took personal responsibility for the safe operation of pit vehicles by us and our crew.
    Kevin Elliott
    President
    American Sportbike Racing Association LLC
    D/B/A Championship Cup Series

We came close to this at BHF a couple years ago after some idiots took side by sides out on track after hours and nearly hit some people. Its gonna come down to this here probably also.

But apparently some people feel the track is their own personal playground that they can do anything they want. Well that's not the case. Wanna fuck around on pitbikes? Do it on YOUR OWN PROPERTY.

And in case some haven't heard, a couple racers were fined during the team challenge at BHF for wheelies deemed dangerous and intentional by the staff. Fines were $2500 EACH. I don't think Rick is playing games anymore with people constantly ignoring the rules.The no wheelies rule has been said at EACH riders meeting.
    Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
    ASRA # 214 EX
    RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

$2500 = you are banned!! for most folks at least. Not too many folks would actually pay that.

Comment

One time in late in 2017 I had stopped down to spectate at Blackhawk and some dink in a side by side was tearing up the grounds in an area where there was standing water and mud from some heavy rain the week before.

I wanted to go chew the a hole out myself but I was afraid he might punch me in the chest and I just had heart surgery that year. Damn I know what you mean. People are idiots.

If I were still racing I would have no problem paying more to cover costs of security. People whine about a few bucks but it's not that big a deal. And I'd pay much more just to be able to race at RA too.

The worse that could happen is that they outlaw pitbikes and bicycles, and that just adds another thing to piss off legit well behaved paying customers - who may be already be close to just calling it quits because of so many other issues.
      John K - Appleton

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper View Post
        This is on the CCS sites main page.

Apparently some people cant control themselves and the track management had enough of it. Heres what Kevin Elliott put up.

We came close to this at BHF a couple years ago after some idiots took side by sides out on track after hours and nearly hit some people. Its gonna come down to this here probably also.

But apparently some people feel the track is their own personal playground that they can do anything they want. Well that's not the case. Wanna fuck around on pitbikes? Do it on YOUR OWN PROPERTY.

And in case some haven't heard, a couple racers were fined during the team challenge at BHF for wheelies deemed dangerous and intentional by the staff. Fines were $2500 EACH. I don't think Rick is playing games anymore with people constantly ignoring the rules.The no wheelies rule has been said at EACH riders meeting.
        The wheelie fines were $250... not $2500... and at the Daytona 200 (which is also an ASRA event like the team challenge) apparently they went out of their way to mention that wheelies are fine... I guess some people assumed that was a blanket rule for all ASRA events instead of it just being a one time thing for Daytona... also, while one of the wheelies was definitely intentional, the other seemed a little excessive to levy a fine over to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaph View Post
          One time in late in 2017 I had stopped down to spectate at Blackhawk and some dink in a side by side was tearing up the grounds in an area where there was standing water and mud from some heavy rain the week before.

I wanted to go chew the a hole out myself but I was afraid he might punch me in the chest and I just had heart surgery that year. Damn I know what you mean. People are idiots.

If I were still racing I would have no problem paying more to cover costs of security. People whine about a few bucks but it's not that big a deal. And I'd pay much more just to be able to race at RA too.

The worse that could happen is that they outlaw pitbikes and bicycles, and that just adds another thing to piss off legit well behaved paying customers - who may be already be close to just calling it quits because of so many other issues.
          I saw the same guy... I finally yelled at him and asked what the fuck he was doing and he basically told me to fuck off and flipped me the bird... but he didn't go flying through the puddle anymore after that. ... I don't know why the hell you'd bring a side by side to blackhawk anyways..

Comment

We came close to this at BHF a couple years ago after some idiots took side by sides ...
            Who's bringing side-by-sides to Blackhawk? Stupid things... they tear up nice ATV/dual sport trails as well. We should blanket ban all recreational 4 wheel vehicles at races. #4WheelsBad

Also, kind of laughed that bicycles were mentioned in the post. Is someone terrified of a brisk walking speed collision?

Does anyone know how a wheelie is deemed intentional? Is it a combo of angle and duration? Most old school big bikes can barely keep the front wheel on the ground anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by badmoon692008 View Post

The wheelie fines were $250... not $2500...
              Looked like 2500. Found the post again in FB and found the decimal point. But fines can go high as $5000 (and you really really have to screw up to get that bad).

Woozuki, considering most the CCS track side staff at BHF have been there since I started racing with them in 99, some were racers and Rick raced & owns the LCR school, they can tell if its intentional vs a power wheelie.

Also a bicycle at walking speed still can cause injuries. Every track has their own rules. RA wont even let you walk on the track after hours much less bicycle it. Daytona used to not allow bicycles.

If you see someone being an idiot with a atv/pitbike/sxs or what not, let a cornerworker or staff member know. They can get ahold of security. Hel back when I was driving crash, I said something to a guy that his 5 yr old cant ride the pw50 here before security seen it.. He got all bent out of shape about how "this is a family place and he should be allowed to ride around".

Back in 2006 at the august event, there were 3 transports for pit bike injuries involving broken bones at BHF. Even has some asshat in a EVO doing donuts in the T3 gravel (yes they got booted and Furhman was PISSED about it.

We don't need this crap period. We'll either get all pit vehicles banned, pay more for gate fee or entrance fees.

Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
              ASRA # 214 EX

Comment

BFR used to require registering your pitbike - $35/yr. My road-legal, plated, insured scooter needed a 'permit' as well.
                Once it had their permit on it, if anyone was caught doing crap, that permit # was looked up and whoever signed for it would get the boot. period.
                Pitbikes at CCS events are "supposed" to have the race# of which pit it belongs too...for the same reason.

self regulate or we all end up paying the price.
                Last edited by Spoot; 06-11-2019, 07:59 PM.
                WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Woozuki, considering most the CCS track side staff at BHF have been there since I started racing with them in 99, some were racers and Rick raced & owns the LCR school, they can tell if its intentional vs a power wheelie.
                  That's fair, I was just wondering if there was some formalization (however hard to implement) since the fine was so high. Though, I guess the less scrupulous of riders would probably just take advantage of it or if the fine was lower. I would think even a fine of a lower order of magnitude would still be enough to prevent intentional wheelies.

Also a bicycle at walking speed still can cause injuries. Every track has their own rules. RA wont even let you walk on the track after hours much less bicycle it. Daytona used to not allow bicycles.
                  Interestingly, Mid Ohio used to have a ban specifically on human operated mechanized vehicles which was not a huge deal because it's tiny. I spectated an event at RA and bringing a bike was the best decision I could've made given the track's Nurburgring-esque proportions.

Comment

I remember the idiots being on the track with their sxs. Why they were not removed is beyond me since they were the only ones with a sxs at that event.

As for wheelies, I know corner workers were suppose to report any wheelies on the cool down lap for races. I know I was doing it. I don't know if the information was ever passed on. I know some corner workers would not report wheelies if it was someone they liked though. It didn't matter to me who was doing the wheelie. I just reported it.
                    Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
                    LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

I've reported wheelies while cornerworking. Corner control does turn the info over to the race director. Now what he did with it who knows. I do know when Bill Furhman was Race Director he was real lenient with the guys. First time I seen him fine anyone for a wheelie was his own son. Everyone else just got slaps on wrists. Rick was being nice for a while trying to get the guys to police themselves.

CCS # 14 EX
                      ASRA # 214 EX

Comment

I am pro wheelie on cool down laps. Not anymore dangerous then half the race overtakes. Fine someone if you crash one or look out of control. Someone pulling a nice controlled wheelie? I'm all for it.

Fucking around off the track on stuff, should be kicked out on the spot.
                        Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Comment

I'm just going to keep my comments to myself......just ban the douchebags for life.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
                            I am pro wheelie on cool down laps. Not anymore dangerous then half the race overtakes. Fine someone if you crash one or look out of control. Someone pulling a nice controlled wheelie? I'm all for it.

Fucking around off the track on stuff, should be kicked out on the spot.
                            They could put a rule in allowing only the winner to do one. Any one else doing them gets a 1 event suspension.

CCS # 14 EX
                            ASRA # 214 EX

Comment

They could put a rule in allowing only the winner to do one. Any one else doing them gets a 1 event suspension.
                              Implement an obligatory wheelie rule, and, if you can't do one, you get mocked and put at the back of the grid for the next race so that you do one out of frustration on the start.

I'd be on struggle street. Anyone have a field where I can just go out on my dirtbike and practice wheelies? I feel sad that I can't really do one.

Comment

Working...
                              X