Seriously? At This Level???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously? At This Level???

Don't know if any of you saw this in the Moto2 race this weekend, but here is a link to an article. "Romano Fenati was given a two-race suspension for pulling Stefano Manzi?s brake lever during Sunday?s Moto2 in San Marino."

I agree with Crutchlow, this guy should never race again. Almost makes you wonder if he could be criminally charged with something like "Criminal Endangerment", especially in Europe.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ever-at-140mph
    Motovid CR
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 (track warrior)
    2004 Ducati ST4s (road warrior)
    2009 Harley-Davidson Street Glide (Couch Potato-potato)

I saw it during the broadcast. I'm with Cal as well.

I didn't click the link, but he did get fired from his team, and it looks like the MV Agusta team he was supposed to race for next season is dropping him as well (The president of MV has personally said so, but no official news that I've seen). Which is nice, since his teammate for that team was supposed to be... Stefano Manzi.

I saw a tweet (so you know, not super reliable yet) that he might very well be facing charges in Italy.
    Matt J., Appleton
    2015 Yamaha R3
    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Um...wow.
      WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

I've never been a fan of his. We've only been watching MotoGP for 2 seasons, but he quickly earned the nickname F*** face Fenati in our house.

Comment

Well rumor now from Italy is the local DA is looking at criminal charges. Now if it goes anywhere, who knows.
          Wait a minute. Look at those shifty eyes. That devious half-smile. Those kazoo-kissed lips.

CCS # 14 EX
          ASRA # 214 EX
          RP Motorsports, Suomy Helmets

Comment

A two race suspension is embarrassing when that calls for a lifetime ban.

Reminds me of this from a few years ago: https://www.motorcyclistonline.com/n...-unintentional
            John K - Appleton

Comment

He has now released a statement he is retiring from motorcycling. Of course, he lost his current ride and his ride for next year too.
              Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
              LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

Of course he is...

I assume he thinks it will prevent further action from legal and racing authorities, then he can get a gig testing for a bit, and move back in to racing later.

Maybe not, but he's been an ass on track for years, so I'm not feeling charitable here.
                Matt J., Appleton
                2015 Yamaha R3
                Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Think of all of the work that was put in to get him to that level. All thrown away because he's a dumbass.
                  2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
                  2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

Couldn't stand him when he was in Moto 3. I still can't believe someone hired him after he was released from his contract from the VR46 team. He was released because of his attitude INSIDE the team. It wasn't even anything that was public. That said everything to me about what he was like as a person.
                    Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
                    LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

Who would want to race with someone that is that dangerous and unstable? FIM should have ousted him first.
                      Moto2: Romano Fenati?s license taken by the Italian Motorcycle Federation. Federal Court hearing set for September 14:

https://www.morebikes.co.uk/52261/mo...-september-14/
                      sigpic

Team MSB Racing
                      Sponsors: MadisonSBK.com, MadWraps, LLC
                      CCS MW expert #310
                      2008 Honda CBR1000RR

Comment

Working...
                      X