MotoAmerica gets Streaming and more

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MotoAmerica gets Streaming and more

Not sure if anyone else posted it, but for those that haven't seen, MotoAmerica now has a streaming option for the 2019 season. Not available quite yet though. See here for streaming news: https://motoamerica.com/2019/02/moto...ming-for-2019/

They'll have TV race coverage (I think just Superbike though) on Fox Sports 2. Looks like the same on-air team they had on BeIn; Greg White, Jason Pridmore and Hannah Lopa.

Lastly (so far) there will be a 1 hour long highlights/features show on NBCSN called "Inside MotoAmerica". It will air late at night each race weekend, so unless you like to stay up until midnight or so might best be DVD or morning streaming fodder.

Anywho, nice to see them expanding coverage this year, hopefully that can get some more money in and we have teams/racers come back into the series.

Matt J., Appleton
    2015 Yamaha R3
    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

I'm guessing they won't be posting those races to YouTube anymore in order to promote sales of their streaming service.
    John K - Appleton

Comment

Most likely. Though I wouldn't be surprised if they do a few here and there. Your first taste is free, and all that.
      Matt J., Appleton
      2015 Yamaha R3
      Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Update:

Streaming service is up for pre-order now. $49.95 until March 31, then it's $69.95. If you subscribe you even get 50% off race tickets! Except CotA, Laguna...and road America.
        Can't have everything I guess.

https://www.motoamericaliveplus.com/
        Matt J., Appleton
        2015 Yamaha R3
        Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Has anyone figured out if it will work thru a roku?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Wolfe View Post
            Has anyone figured out if it will work thru a roku?
            I'm not sure yet, but I was planning on buying it tonight so I can try and figure some stuff out then and post it here.
            Matt J., Appleton
            2015 Yamaha R3
            Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Might have to see if you can open a browser and go-to the stream page....but many times it requires a unique plug-in that doesnt work outside a PC or Mac... ?
              WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Well, I got all signed up, but nothing is live yet so I don't have anything helpful to report. Looks like you can use an app or browser, so maybe if you can cast from a different device on to your bigger screen? My wife and I did that for Brewers games after we ditched cable, I think just ran a cord from the laptop to the tv.
                Matt J., Appleton
                2015 Yamaha R3
                Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

So....you 'cut the cord' and then ran a cord?

Lol

And we don't need to hear about you laying cord or pipes. Hehe
                  WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Basically...yes!

We visited a tourist trap last summer called Uranus, MO. Lots of butt jokes about laying pipe in Uranus, and the local Fudge Packers Union.
                    Matt J., Appleton
                    2015 Yamaha R3
                    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

I'm debating. IMHO these streaming packages (all of them: this, WSBK and MotoGP) are too pricey for what you get.

I have to sit and wonder how they come up with the pricing. And even with the high prices if they even manage to make a profit? Are they sitting on the right part of the consumer price vs demand curve to make the most money? Could they triple their paying customers if they cut the price in half? You have to presume that they have educated people put together a business plan and develop pricing, but...
                      John K - Appleton

Comment

We'll have to see how it turns out, if the video quality is good enough, etc but... at $50 I don't feel bad about it. It's less than half of the MotoGP season, but we don't know yet how it compares, aside from whether or not you like the racing as much.

I'm definitely a bit of a guinea pig here, but I'm ok with it. Hopefully it runs well, and it grows, and it helps the series grow and get teams paid/supported a bit better.
                        Matt J., Appleton
                        2015 Yamaha R3
                        Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

It's obviously opening race weekend, but so far Twins Cup Q2 streaming fine.

Interestingly, there's at least 20 riders for this Twins cup weekend. Mostly SVs, I think 4 MT07, and 1 guy on a Monster 797 with a nose fairing but no other front fairings. He qualified 3rd.

There's also Alex Dumas, last years Junior Cup champ, riding an M4 Ecstar SV650, so looks like we have at least one "big" team showing up in Twins Cup this year.
                          Matt J., Appleton
                          2015 Yamaha R3
                          Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

I assume you are watching through a PC or tablet or something. If you have a smart TV, I wonder if the built-in browser is smart enough to actually work? You should test that out. I'm sure it varies per TV.

Or do you just chromecast it to the screen, or screen mirror it or something?
                            John K - Appleton

Comment

I don't have a smart TV, so using a laptop and viewing through the browser. I've only had it pause 1-2 times, so it seems to work fine for me so far.

Junior Cup race 1 just finished up, last year I think had 4 N400s, this year there's 2 R3, 1 CBR500 and all the rest are N400s. P3 was an R3, but even with the new kit/rules he got pulled in the straights still, but was able to brake late and pass that way. The other 2 riders finished outside the top 10.
                              Matt J., Appleton
                              2015 Yamaha R3
                              Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Working...
                              X