No announcement yet.

MotoAmerica gets Streaming and more

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Roku streaming stick 3800R, often on sale for $40, plugs into the back of a dumb TV and allows you to mirror your phone or tablet to a TV. I use those on a couple of our dumb TV's around the house for the Netflix, screen mirroring and a few other things. It's generally my choice of streaming stick. I prefer it over firestick or chromecast.
    John K - Appleton

Comment

Cool, I'll look for one for those. Thanks.
      Matt J., Appleton
      2015 Yamaha R3
      Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Twins Cup race 1, winner is Michael Barnes on the lone Ducati M 797 (just a nose cone!) by 5 or so seconds. There were 39 riders on the grid for this one. I don't expect it to last, but it's nice to see a big grid for this class since there were races last season with 6-9 riders.
        Matt J., Appleton
        2015 Yamaha R3
        Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Holy crap, I haven't heard Michael Barnes' name in awhile. He was is a fast guy. He is 50+ years old!
          Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
          LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Capitalview View Post
            Holy crap, I haven't heard Michael Barnes' name in awhile. He was is a fast guy. He is 50+ years old!
            The announcers mentioned that, I think he won Daytona a few years ago too?

Either way, he took both races by a healthy margin. In race two he got a terrible start, lofted the front wheel right at the lights but he rolled on past the others on the big downhill straight (into 10a I think?). Roger Hayden was guest on that one, he thinks Barnes just powered past, no real draft. I'd have to VoD and replay to be sure, anyway they started talking about whether MotoAmerica would look at restricting the Ducati, but they did also mention that Barnes is just a fast rider and he looked super smooth through the corners, that could add up quick.

What's going to be interesting is both how large the grid is for other races, but more so how many riders are running most/all of the season. Last year the Twins Cup I think only had two guys run all the races. Still, was awesome to see.

And Team Hammer (M4 Suzuki etc etc, Chris Ulrich team) had two riders on the grid, both up from the Junior cup so we'll see if more tams use it as development as well. Could be a great step for anyone who might be a bit larger of body, but not quite ready to step into SuperSport yet.
            Matt J., Appleton
            2015 Yamaha R3
            Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Apparently an air cooled 2 valve 800 is a cheater bike. And all those years we thought just the Ducati 1000 Sport was a cheater bike. I have to laugh at ancient tech winning races, especially with a 696 currently parked in my garage.

Did Barnes have some sort of oil pan on the bottom of that Monster?
              John K - Appleton

Comment

Well, the M797 is listed at 75hp, but it's definitely corked for emissions. I know there's a 'race map' available if you buy the Termignoni full exhaust, and as a whole it feels a bit more lively than an FZ07 or SV650, but while I've ridden all of them I haven't ridden all of them back to back, so I could be off a bit.

Having said that, the M797 has the same 803cc engine as the M796, which was rated at something like 90hp from the factory? So it could be that an uncorked and tuned Monster has the HP to pull the other bikes in the class, but it's also only one example right now, and with a known good rider, at that.

He did have what looks like a catch pan. There's one of the exhaust pipes routed under it, so I missed it at first but I just used the On Demand to take a look (update, that feature works) and it's there.

Matt J., Appleton
                2015 Yamaha R3
                Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Working...
                X