WSBK So far this year, round 1, 2 spoilers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WSBK So far this year, round 1, 2 spoilers

Bautista on the new Ducati Panigale V4 sort of reminds me of Stoner on a Ducati back in the day in MotoGP: Rocket fast on the thing, no one else riding the Ducati is anywhere near the front.

Or is it that Bautista stepping down from being sort of middle of the pack GP, just THAT much better then the rest of the riders? Maybe I am getting my answer as to why Rea doesn't go to MotoGP?
    Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

For now, I think it's more the former. Sometimes, a person gets on just the right bike and magic happens. We'll see how long it goes. Could make for a great season, though!
    Matt J., Appleton
    2015 Yamaha R3
    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Its only interesting if they are battling. Would love to see him and Rea have an whole race battle. Boring watching anyone clear off.
      Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Comment

That's true. Wouldn't be so bad if broadcast teams would let that rider just wander off and spend time showing the rest of the field, there's usually a lot more action back there, anyway.

It's an interesting thought though, if Bautista winds up remaining dominant, will any other MotoGP riders struggling to get funding or who are just shy of breaking onto a bigger team try and follow suit? Historically it hasn't really worked out like that, but maybe now is different.
        Matt J., Appleton
        2015 Yamaha R3
        Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-J2 View Post
          That's true. Wouldn't be so bad if broadcast teams would let that rider just wander off and spend time showing the rest of the field, there's usually a lot more action back there, anyway.

It's an interesting thought though, if Bautista winds up remaining dominant, will any other MotoGP riders struggling to get funding or who are just shy of breaking onto a bigger team try and follow suit? Historically it hasn't really worked out like that, but maybe now is different.
          I thought they actually did a pretty decent job of ignoring bautista and showing the battle for fourth in sundays race

Comment

You need to remember, Bautista did finish 2nd or 3rd on the Factory Ducati GP bike during last years Phillip Island, so he is a good rider that was on a second tier bike for most of the season. When put on a new bike he did great.
            Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
            LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

I had forgotten that, but I thought he did pretty well over all. There's a lot of great riders in both series who just can't quite make it to the top teams, which can absolutely make a difference at that level.

I still haven't subscribed though, should get on that but I also need bike parts. Hmm...
              Matt J., Appleton
              2015 Yamaha R3
              Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Working...
              X