Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C\L finds - scooters, SV, goldwing = good prices!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off Topic, but is there a reason this thread doesn't ever show up if i hit "new topics" or "Today's posts"? I happened to see it accidentally on the side when it was first started and have checked back, it never shows up in those searches? Makes me wonder how many other threads i have missed, lol
    Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zaph View Post
      Fuel Motorsports wouldn't give me a price over email. I specifically and clearly asked for the OTD price including their advertised price and itemizing all their fees above and beyond tax title and license. They just said "stop in our shop, we can talk about it and you can sit on your new bike." No thanks, I don't like the smell of that already.

Too bad Southeast sales doesn't carry Yamaha. I like those guys. Great prices and no BS.
      Alright Zaph, since you want to know exact, you made me pull out the file for the FJ09 lol.

$589 Freight/Setup Fee
      $186 Services Fee

What are SES fees?

IMO, Fuel makes it up by offering lower bike prices. Their FJ-09s were a good $800 cheaper when i was looking. That does suck that they wouldn't give you the OTD price over email though
      You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
        Off Topic, but is there a reason this thread doesn't ever show up if i hit "new topics" or "Today's posts"? I happened to see it accidentally on the side when it was first started and have checked back, it never shows up in those searches? Makes me wonder how many other threads i have missed, lol
        seems to be a new feature of the "upgraded" website software.
        WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky5000100 View Post
          $589 Freight/Setup Fee
          $186 Services Fee
          The deal goes from great to merely average. Part of the low price is a factory rebate from Yamaha on new old stock. $750 off and this goes to all dealers. MSRP is $7200. $5887+750+589+186=$7482. So they are getting a $282 premium over MSRP. Hmmm so let's figure out my OTD. The benefit here is I think I only pay Wisconsin tax on the 5887. I think I'm looking at about $7150 OTD.

I'm spoiled by Southeast Sales who gave me a Z125 for $2600 with zero fees while people were trying to sell them used for $3200 on CL. And then as part of a feel good move, the deal was done in 5 minutes with no pressure for extended warranty or service plan, and we sat around and bullshitted about racing for a half hour.

John K - Appleton

Comment

Did you get an OTD price over email from Southeast Sales?
            No matter where you go... there you are

Comment

Yeah, they gave me a smoking price on a new '18 Duke 390 over email. No fees, less than msrp and significantly cheaper than I can get it up here. I just can't decide if I want to deal with the many issues that bike has.
              John K - Appleton

Comment

Interesting. I sold cars years ago and we would never, ever give out a written price. It was way too easy to get another dealer to beat it by a few dollars and lose a sale. I wonder if the car world has changed with the internet age? Is this common in the motorcycle world? Back then I didn't shop for new bikes, so I don't have any knowledge of the practices. Lots of business questions running through my head now
                No matter where you go... there you are

Comment

Originally posted by clinghoffer View Post
                  Interesting. I sold cars years ago and we would never, ever give out a written price. It was way too easy to get another dealer to beat it by a few dollars and lose a sale. I wonder if the car world has changed with the internet age? Is this common in the motorcycle world? Back then I didn't shop for new bikes, so I don't have any knowledge of the practices. Lots of business questions running through my head now
                  It's starting to change. It's getting easier for people to do most of the work involved in car shopping from their couch, and that is also expanding what people consider 'local' for vehicle buying. So if a dealer won't give a written quote but another dealer 100mi away will, then the the farther away dealer can often wind up with the sale.

I don't know that this is common yet, but reading around I've been seeing it pop up more and more.
                  Matt J., Appleton
                  2015 Yamaha R3
                  Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Originally posted by clinghoffer View Post
                    Donahue Supersports in Wisconsin Rapids put their ATV prices online, and confirmed via phone call and email both that the price included all fees, and then furthermore put it in writing what the OTD price was with tax. Not only was it no hassle, it was a lower price than the competitors I checked who also were pissing around with disclosing any pricing unless I was standing in front of them.
                    Certain car dealers are the same way. When I bought my new Tacoma I ended up driving 110 miles to get it from a dealer who gladly communicated all pricing via email and worked with me sight unseen for weeks before making a deal. Even though there are two other dealers within 80 miles of me, they did not get my business due to lack of communication and transparency.

THANKS to:
                    TrackGraphix.com....Sportbike Track Time....Midwest Track Day
                    ....Motovid.com....
                    and Participating WiR Members
                    for your support!

WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Comment

This looked good. Too bad it's a scam.
                      https://greenbay.craigslist.org/mcy/...671809632.html
                      Same post in texas.
                      https://nacogdoches.craigslist.org/m...679767285.html

If you word your google search right, you can find this scam repeated all over. 2014 BMW S1000R site:craigslist.org

The easy way to tell the scam apart, aside from an unreasonably low price, is that they never have full resolution pics. Click on the picture and it's just a small one up at the top.
                      John K - Appleton

Comment

another scam ??
                        doesn't mention the year or any mods.
                        only lists the size in engine size thing - 1000cc
                        doesn't list model except in the CL thing - gsxr

"Beautiful bike, garage kept. New Brakes, New Tires , very nice fast bike it has 7,100miles on it very clean bike never been dropped or layed down"

https://madison.craigslist.org/mcy/d...681676301.html

WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Yup obvious scam. But for giggles you should call the phone number and see how it plays out.

That one is posted up in Green Bay too.
                          John K - Appleton

Comment

Maybe I missed it if it was mentioned, but does anyone know anything about "Road, Track, and Trail" in Big Bend?

I seem to see a lot of good prices browsing there or on listings on Cycle Trader, but it's a solid 2hr drive to get there. Looks like they only deal in used.

ometimes, the prices seem just a bit too nice maybe? There's a 2009 Street Triple R with 11,666mi for only $3,650, for example.
                            Matt J., Appleton
                            2015 Yamaha R3
                            Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Might be a salvage bike. I suspect this one is. $4600 for some Italian triple goodness?
                              ​​​​​​​2014 MV AGUSTA 675 BRUTALE "runs and rides great , no issues or damage. ready to go." Hahah.

Yet when I look closely at the pics I see a front headlight that doesn't point in the right direction and I'm pretty sure the rear subframe is twisted. I'm tempted to go look at it. Sold by "Midwest Cycle" and they conveniently left the "Salvage" part of their name off and didn't mention anywhere that it was a salvage bike.
                              Last edited by Zaph; 08-28-2018, 06:18 PM.
                              John K - Appleton

Comment

This one has been hard to resist:
                                https://cedarrapids.craigslist.org/m...669415180.html

Comment

Working...
                                X