Motovid 8/1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motovid 8/1

A little late to post this, but who's going tomorrow? I am. I'm bringing my FJ-09 along to play too, if they let me. Gotta get new tires installed.
    You should see me in a headsock !

I'm going! Pitting between t4 and t5. I know of at least three more coming out with us.
    2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
    2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

Just wanted to say Thank you to everyone that helped me yesterday after my attempt to flee back to WI in T1. Tyson,Mark,Josh,Brad,Sam,Johnny,Kathleen and the announcement lady(no idea what her name was) thanks again. It made my great,bad day great again. Now to get the bike ready for RA.

Comment

Oh did you go down in T1? Or just run off? I didn't realize that yesterday.

Day was fun, I got to ride three bikes! I did two sessions on my FJ09 which was fun, but definitely reaffirms that it is 1) Not a track bike and 2) Needs suspension upgrades
        I also demo rode the Ninja 400! Fun little bike. I become comfortable on it very quickly, getting my knee down in several turns on the OEM tires. The slipper clutch was very fun to use, and makes me want one for my SV650 even more.

Comment

you looked good on the 400! I FINALLY got to test out the new (to me) upgrades on Dashy 2.0.. there is a little thing to diagnose in the brakes but over all a successful day!
          here fishy, fishy,fishy! arrr

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky5000100 View Post
            Oh did you go down in T1? Or just run off? I didn't realize that yesterday.

Day was fun, I got to ride three bikes! I did two sessions on my FJ09 which was fun, but definitely reaffirms that it is 1) Not a track bike and 2) Needs suspension upgrades
            I also demo rode the Ninja 400! Fun little bike. I become comfortable on it very quickly, getting my knee down in several turns on the OEM tires. The slipper clutch was very fun to use, and makes me want one for my SV650 even more.
            Soo... How do you think that Ninja compared to an SV650 in terms of speed/track ability? Supposedly, the top speed of a stock N400 is only about 10mph less than a stock MT-07. Obviously they'll make that power different, but I kinda dig the small bikes.
            Matt J., Appleton
            2015 Yamaha R3
            Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-J2 View Post

Soo... How do you think that Ninja compared to an SV650 in terms of speed/track ability? Supposedly, the top speed of a stock N400 is only about 10mph less than a stock MT-07. Obviously they'll make that power different, but I kinda dig the small bikes.
              Pretty good actually. I remember riding an old anemic Ninja 250 (cough tammy cough), and that thing was a dog. The 400 was ALMOST enough to keep me interested. I still maintain that an SV650 is the perfect amount of HP(70) on the track to keep me interested, but also not feel like i'm going to die. I haven't ridden an R3 on track though, so I couldn't compare it to your bike. However, I did hit an indicated 103mph in the front straight when I remembered to look. Who knows how accurate. My SV650 hits a gps-verified 110-116 in the front straight (depending on how long I hold it and my drive out of 7).

Comment

Saw the FJ yesterday, nice!. Yesterday was my first official track day after the 101 back in May. Would like to make Orange by the end of the year but I need a lot of help. I also tried the Ninja 400 and was very uncomfortable. All and all had a blast. Sucks to be back at work today.

Last edited by slider162; 08-06-2018, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky5000100 View Post

Pretty good actually. I remember riding an old anemic Ninja 250 (cough tammy cough), and that thing was a dog. The 400 was ALMOST enough to keep me interested. I still maintain that an SV650 is the perfect amount of HP(70) on the track to keep me interested, but also not feel like i'm going to die. I haven't ridden an R3 on track though, so I couldn't compare it to your bike. However, I did hit an indicated 103mph in the front straight when I remembered to look. Who knows how accurate. My SV650 hits a gps-verified 110-116 in the front straight (depending on how long I hold it and my drive out of 7).
                  Sweet, I'll have to try one sometime. When Ari Henning ran them on the dyno for a small sportbike shootout, the N400 was 43.3hp and the R3 was 35.1. I know in MotoAmerica junior cup, the couple N400s were running away from the R3s in the early races when they weren't restricted, so I imagine it would be a nice boost, even more so with some exhaust/tuning. Might be juuust enough more for now, since I think I might have 1 bike for both street/track for a bit.

Or, it might not. Who knows. Won't be a real problem until I have some money.
                  Matt J., Appleton
                  2015 Yamaha R3
                  Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Originally posted by slider162 View Post
                    Saw the FJ yesterday, nice!. Yesterday was my first official track day after the 101 back in May. Would like to make Orange by the end of the year but I need a lot of help. I also tried the Ninja 400 and was very uncomfortable. All and all had a blast. Sucks to be back at work today.
                    Work on being smooth and consistent, holding lines and being predictable Orange had a real mix of riders yesterday. I avoided one incident, and apparently someone else almost caused one with me.
                    here fishy, fishy,fishy! arrr

Comment

Looked like Orange was bursting at the seams yesterday. Yellow was half full and the last session there were as many control riders as Yellow riders. If a few of the Orange guys would have come down to Yellow, they probably would have had a better day.

After the 101 in May and a full track day yesterday, I'm just now beginning to trust my equipment. The stock Bridgestone Battlax tires are holding up well. Not really sure how hard they can be pushed. I'm starting to use more of the track and I'm just beginning to figure out what being smooth is. By the end of the day I think I had my line down fairly well. Shooting for another run Labor Day weekend. Road America will need to wait until next year. Might have to sign up for the 201 next year as well.

Huge thanks to Amber, Jovani, Bryan, Josh, and Eric! You guys rock!!!

Comment

Blue was pretty open, but had a pretty large speed differential which cut back a bit on the fun once in a while. Still a great day!

Does anyone even watch video anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by borgNSR View Post
                          Blue was pretty open, but had a pretty large speed differential which cut back a bit on the fun once in a while. Still a great day!

Does anyone even watch video anymore?
                          I spy Tyson Tammy at 11:45

Comment

Haha sorry I was a bit of that speed differential. Couple sandbaggers behind me judging me on my riding which didn't make passing easier but you did have nice clean inside passes.
                            2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
                            2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

Well, that may have come out wrong... I should have emphasized better "a LITTLE bit once in a while..." and not meant to say that I enjoyed myself any less, it was just changing the flow of the lap a bit. Tammy and Drt were doing just fine, and it was good to see them stretching their legs in Blue!

It's the CRs that were holding me back!

Comment

Working...
                              X