Is Anybody Coming Out Monday May 13?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by derekcb View Post
    I noticed something at this track day that I hadn't previously. There were a lot of people wearing Plus Racing Leathers. I've been doing some research the past couple days. I'm a little intrigued. Anybody have any background or personal experiences?
    Discussion on the wera forums about Plus Racing leathers hasn't been positive. Maybe things are getting better these days. I'll stick to RST myself, great value and crash tested well.

John K - Appleton

Comment

Originally posted by Zaph View Post

Discussion on the wera forums about Plus Racing leathers hasn't been positive. Maybe things are getting better these days. I'll stick to RST myself, great value and crash tested well.
      I've seen some of the reddit posts with the negative feedback as well. Those were 2 - 3 years old though. The suits did look really good. The Motovid CR staff all wearing them was a pretty big endorsement. I also seen some post-crash reviews. The opportunity to buy a custom suit for less than an off the rack major brand is impressive. I don't buy into the "it's from <insert 3rd world country name here> therefore the quality of materials or labor is subpar." I bet they're all sourcing the raw materials from a handful of common industry suppliers. And like most industries, I'm sure the labor is being swapped around between several manufacturers so the operator that made the rack A-star suit last month is now making the off-brand suit. As has been stated in several of the online posts, quality control may differ to some extent. The examples I saw the CRs and others wearing on Monday didn't seem to indicate QA was an issue - at least from 5 feet away. That's kind of why I asked on here. I figured people on here would be pretty honest with their feedback.

Comment

Working...
      X