Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July 8th Road America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by borgNSR View Post
    First time I ever saw a yellow group guy out in blue...Made it a whole lap before he realized something was very wrong.
    Did he make it all the way around without getting passed?

    Comment


    • #17
      I think the whole field lapped him by the end of his adventure. I couldn't get him to follow me either, to stay off the race line. Sometimes he would, and sometimes he wouldn't, I don't think he had a lot of spare processing power at that moment. He was pretty wound up when I finally could talk to him, so I just let him go. I guess they had "a talk" in the yellow classroom session about that.

      Comment


      • #18
        This was a close call for me in green. Someone came to a crawl in turn 12 after they saw the red light. By the time I could see the red light and the rider that slowed way down I was already on the brakes ready for the turn and instead had to do some emergency braking practice. This happens quite a bit with everyone dropping 50% speed or more during a red or checkered flag and it's especially dangerous in blind turns like this. I would like to see an additional flag light in turn 10 or 11. The corner worker station on turn 10 is hard to see sometimes when you have a group of bikes in front of you
         

        Comment


        • #19
          It's too bad. Monday was a good day to practice red flag manners.

          I noticed people lollygagging and chopping throttle without signal as well.
          2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
          2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

          Comment


          • #20
            And here is green session 7. Paul passed me after it slipped out of gear over the finishline. My left radiator that was professionally repaired 2 years ​​​​ago blew at the end as I returned to the pits, luckily after getting off track. I was running consistent 2:48-2:49 all day. Who had the stalled bike in turn 12?
             

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by borgNSR View Post
              First time I ever saw a yellow group guy out in blue...Made it a whole lap before he realized something was very wrong.
              I came up on him, I put an arm up to hopefully warn anyone behind me. It was VERY apparent he was off pace even too me. After he exited the track it was a freight train down the front stretch :laugh

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Tammy View Post
                It's too bad. Monday was a good day to practice red flag manners.

                I noticed people lollygagging and chopping throttle without signal as well.
                The red flags sucked in Blue, thankfully no one was hurt in their incidents.

                It seemed like a lot of rules had to be reinforced/repeated throughout the day because they where not being followed. Maybe instead of plugging vendors during the riders meeting, we plug the ground rules?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Thinkmoto View Post
                  It seemed like a lot of rules had to be reinforced/repeated throughout the day because they where not being followed. Maybe instead of plugging vendors during the riders meeting, we plug the ground rules?
                  All the rules are talked about at ever rider meeting at every Motovid track day. Always. Michael, Anthony, and Brad have these speeches memorized. Sadly as DVFR points out, many times they are not followed by everybody all the time. To his point, I think I talk to someone individually usually after 3 or 4 sessions because I see them not staying tight/right when exiting the track or signaling too late when they exit. And under many red flags one or more CRs are getting ahead of a pack of exiting riders to try to get them to speed up a little while exiting.

                  I don't know if it's a matter of people not showing up to the mandatory rider's meetings or just not listening when they are there, but it is frustrating when these things happen.
                  Motovid CR
                  2006 Suzuki GSX-R750 (track warrior)
                  2004 Ducati ST4s (road warrior)
                  2009 Harley-Davidson Street Glide (Couch Potato-potato)

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Badger View Post

                    I don't know if it's a matter of people not showing up to the mandatory rider's meetings or just not listening when they are there, but it is frustrating when these things happen.
                    Usually self-preservation works, but there's always going to be some kid who can't swim that blithely jumps into the deep end of the pool, that's what the lifeguards/CRs are there for. You pull them out and you see the shocked look grow on their faces as they realize what could have gone wrong.


                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Well we did have a LOT of riders and a lot of people that don't regularly ride with MV.

                      We don't seem to have these issues too much with BFR days so I'll just assume it was non regular riders that were confused.
                      2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
                      2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Badger View Post

                        All the rules are talked about at ever rider meeting at every Motovid track day. Always. Michael, Anthony, and Brad have these speeches memorized. Sadly as DVFR points out, many times they are not followed by everybody all the time. To his point, I think I talk to someone individually usually after 3 or 4 sessions because I see them not staying tight/right when exiting the track or signaling too late when they exit. And under many red flags one or more CRs are getting ahead of a pack of exiting riders to try to get them to speed up a little while exiting.

                        I don't know if it's a matter of people not showing up to the mandatory rider's meetings or just not listening when they are there, but it is frustrating when these things happen.
                        I know, I would rather hear the rules plugged instead of vendors and trackside support.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Kinda feel bad for the yellow guy out in blue. Probably his first track day, nervous as hell, his mind is racing, and he just screwed up. And imagining how "the talk" went down after that, I doubt he ever does another track day. If I were to have personally made that error myself in novice on my first track day, I would have just packed up and left immediately.
                          John K - Appleton

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Oh geeze, skim reading all this I thought the difference between yellow and blue was like, just one increment.

                            Yeah, if I would've gotten out as a novice in an advanced group, I would've soiled my pants and subsequently packed it in. Terrifying.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X