Bring out the little bikes - USAIR, Saturday August 27

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring out the little bikes - USAIR, Saturday August 27

Not a whole lot going on in the "other orgs" forum, but I'm planning a day at USAIR, Saturday August 27. I picked this day out by looking at the USAIR calendar and picking a weekend day with no event scheduled, and looking at the list of local track days / racing events.

For those wondering, I asked and they generally don't want supersports there, so this wouldn't be for any 600 or 1000 bikes. However, singles and twins up to 650 are fine. so SV650's can show up also. (I rode my old KTM 690 there years ago, fun as heck)

Anyone want to join me? If we get enough people, I can give them a call and ask them to block out the calendar day for us. Then we might not have to alternate with karts.

BTW, this place is great for families. Throw some scooter tires on that 50 dirt bike and bring the kid, armored motocross gear is acceptable. I've seen some kids out there as young as 6, making some family memories that they are never going to forget.

Post up if you want in. More details to come.

John K - Appleton

Tammy You could take the new ninja for some cheap fun!

So I could bring my SV650 hmmm...what is the cost per day?
    You should see me in a headsock !

Comment

Cheap! $40 or $50 for the day. I can't remember.

Comment

I might be able to make that.
        Matt J., Appleton
        2015 Yamaha R3
        Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

I actually just got Scooter tires on the 50! I also just called today. They said it should be no problem to use the R3 since I have sliders and case guards.
          Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
          LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

I am IN for this!
            2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
            2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

This is intriguing...is an SV650 going to feel like a boat in that place?

Comment

Originally posted by borgNSR View Post
                This is intriguing...is an SV650 going to feel like a boat in that place?
                I don't think so. It's nearly as wide as blackhawk.

Comment

My 690 was about 315 lbs and I threw it around ok on that track. Track is bigger than it looks in that satellite photo. That said, this track is a serious workout on any bike. There's no rest time, you are constantly throwing the bike into turns.
                  John K - Appleton

Comment

I guess I should figure out what would be required as far as bike prep before I start claiming I can make it, though I think if I can't ride I might be able to hang out/help. Shawano isn't a big trip or anything for me.
                    Matt J., Appleton
                    2015 Yamaha R3
                    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Pretty much the same as any track day. They aren't picky. There is no tech inspection, it's mostly the honesty system. At the bare minimum, safety wire your oil drain plug and filler cap, and use engine ice instead of Prestone. Tape mirrors and turn signals, the usual stuff. The one slightly different thing they like to see is if your bike has a front end that would allow the corner of the forks to touch pavement on a low side, they want fork sliders on. They worry about their beautiful asphalt getting gouged in a crash.

Hey I see you're in Appleton too. If you need any help with anything, let me know. I'm over on the east side.
                      John K - Appleton

Comment

Will do! I'm also on the east side. Now I just need to get my bike back from Winnebegoland, getting the recall work done. I tried but I couldn't get the break in miles completed before they called, but only made it 370 in the first week, so I might have to have it back in again soon.
                        Matt J., Appleton
                        2015 Yamaha R3
                        Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

I need to make it here on my TTR sometime...need to get some street tires for it as well i guess.
                          Farm to Table Beef, Made Simple. Pasture Raised Beef, from our farm shipped to your door: www.scholzefamilybeef.com

Comment

sliders and case guards required ?
                            WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Originally posted by Spoot View Post
                              sliders and case guards required ?
                              No to case guards. They want sliders, but I've ran bikes without. He saw and said "we don't like that, just don't crash and rip up my asphalt (grumpy grunting noise). Lol. Sometimes he'll look your bike over sometimes he won't.
                              It's not like a regular track day with tech inspection. You literally pull up to the gate, go in the office, sign up and pay. They may or may not walk out to look at your bike. You go to set up and then you go ride, whenever, and however long you want. There's no sessions, no passing rules, no corner workers, no staff watching the track, no ambulance. You're on your own to look out for each other and in general not be a jackass. Usually works out quite well. 😆 it's a ton of fun and worth the trip. You can also bring extra people and share your bike. An extra rider costs $10 bucks. Seriously! So the more the merrier.

Comment

Working...
                              X