Bring out the little bikes 2017 - USAIR Shawano

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring out the little bikes 2017 - USAIR Shawano

I expect to have my Z125 build wrapped up soon so I went to take a look at the schedule to see which weekend days are open. Looks pretty well booked but there is an open weekend August 26 and 27. Anyone up for some kart track action? Maybe plan on Saturday the 26 with Sunday as a backup day should we get rain on Sat. No local CCS races or track days that weekend that I can see.

Aside from that, looks like September 23 and 24 is open also.

Newbies to the kart track, check out our discussion from last year. Some good info there about prepping bikes and requirements. Some good videos in that thread too.

If we get a nice sized group, let's call ahead the day before to let them know we are coming. That would give them time to get the track sweeper out to clean up rubber remains after the karts or drifters there before us.

I'm not really sure what to expect riding a Z125 around the track, but I'm pretty certain is will be fun.

Sound off if you are in!
    John K - Appleton

I'm in!
    Matt J., Appleton
    2015 Yamaha R3
    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Zaph,
      Need to talk to you about that track. I called to get rental pricing but I don't know much about the overall layout, like buildings, food and such. I want to run my class there next season.

Comment

Would be a great place to hold a class. Not much for amenities though - no food or drink, bring your own. They have bathrooms and showers by the registration building There is a tech building, which is really just a big empty building like any tech shed. There is also a 2 story building at the start/finish line that has air conditioning and some tables. You would have to ask to be sure, but I think they may allow you to use that if you have purchased the whole track for a day. Also, maybe important for an event, the Shawano hospital is a full 24 hr emergency center and is 5 minutes from the track. I don't think anyone ever feels the need to hire ambulances for events there.

People use that track for training and events all the time. A couple local police departments conduct driving schools there. This weekend is Lightning on the Wolf Supermoto Racing, and there is a supermoto performance class scheduled too. I may go spectate since supermoto was my true calling years back.
        John K - Appleton

Comment

I would like to attend the Aug 26 and 27 date as well. I believe the Sept date conflicts with the Blackhawk CCS event.

Comment

This sounds fun! I'll try to keep free that weekend to go ride the 250.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Update:

Well, shit. I just checked the schedule and saw that someone reserved the track on the 26th for a 4 hour private event. They have it from 10am to 2pm.

Our options are to go after the event, or we can shoot for the 27th now. Anyone have a preference?

If we go after 2pm, they might give us a discount for a partial day and we could roll in at 1 and be ready to take the track at 2.

If we decide on the 27th, I think I will call and see if they intend to keep that date open. I'm ok with either way. Any comments?
              John K - Appleton

Comment

I'm free either day, so doesn't matter to me.
                Matt J., Appleton
                2015 Yamaha R3
                Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Working...
                X