No announcement yet.

Bring out the little bikes 2017 - USAIR Shawano

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you guys up for an outing this coming weekend (Sept 16-17)? I am available for a portion of it, only have two standing commitments currently. Saturday early, Saturday late, or Sunday afternoon would work for me.

Comment

Looks like the track has an event going on those days. Schedule Dirty, nasty drifters will be there.

In any case, I'm currently nursing a sore back. (wasn't bad enough to make me cancel the track day on sunday, but Monday... ouch) I expect it to be better with a week of being careful and on pain meds.

Another Idea: Sunday October 1 is designated as "Supermoto Practice". They might be open to other bikes too. I will give them a call to check. I wouldn't be surprised if 30 supermoto riders show up, along with minis and various 300s.

Oh, and looking at the schedule, I see that those mystery cars we saw at the track were from the "Legends Road Race Series". Not V8's but 1250 cc Yamaha motor mini cars. Might be cool to take a trip up there to spectate.

John K - Appleton

Comment

We had a couple of those in the kart shop I shared.Ran them at WIR,testing.A blast to drive and fast.They had a big class of them at the speedway in Wisconsin Dells.If you get a chance to drive one,do it.

Comment

What's the donor engine for that? 1250?

Comment

It's a little late notice, but Fenter and I are hitting USAIR tomorrow, afternoonish. Open track with no events, sunny and warm. Come join us if you want in.

Also, there is a Supermoto day on Sunday October 1, but all bikes are allowed. No karts or cars that day. Long term weather that far out isn't very reliable, but the week is trending much cooler, like high around mid 60's or so.
            John K - Appleton

Comment

All bikes?Including 600cc?

Comment

Oh, no supersports, sorry. I asked them a while back and smaller bikes from a 650 twin and lower are fine, but no 600-1000 supersports. I don't think bikes like that would work well on this course anyway. Thant kind of power would be hard to put down on a track this tight.

It was a pretty good day. We had the track to ourselves and it was clean. A little warm today, but not too bad. The baby Z is a lot of fun there.

Keeping an eye on the weather for the October 1 date.
                John K - Appleton

Comment

This coming Sunday long term weather is looking much better! This could be the last warm day of the year. I'm in with the baby Z. I suspect there is going to be a lot of bikes there for this one.

I gotta say, the baby Z has been a lot of fun at the kart track, especially after the "getting used to it" stage. Feels good to get a knee down after my big track retirement.

Come join in for what may be the last day at this kart track.

Image1.jpg
                  John K - Appleton

Comment

Found this nice recent drone video of USAIR. No track footage is ever as cool as drone footage, it's too bad it's not allowed at any of the big tracks.

That sharp 180 shown at about 0:40 in, that thing was cumbersome and slow and big bike but man I can really rail it on my Z125.
                    John K - Appleton

Comment

Working...
                    X