Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road America Motorplex Kart Track Schedule

http://www.roadamerica.com/media/wys...Schedule_1.pdf

I'll be giving this kart track a try this year. It's been a few years since I've been there. If any of you guys are interested in any of these days, let me know which and maybe I'll join you. I'm weather watching for this Sunday. Looks like the R word for now but if it clears up and warms up I might be in.

John K - Appleton

This just in: The entire motorplex track has been repaved and is buttery smooth and perfect. This is going to be a great track to run small bikes at this year.

I've been avoiding this track for a few years because it was all patched to hell and generally poor condition, but a 100% repave moves it to the top of my list.
    John K - Appleton

Comment

Sweeeeeeet.
      Matt J., Appleton
      2015 Yamaha R3
      Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Sunday July 29 is a rare weekend bikes day at the Road America Motorplex. Come check out the new asphalt with me. Track is open from 9am to 5pm.

Pretty much the same rules and requirements as USAIR. The track is a little bit tighter than USAIR so a heavy bike might take a little work to throw around but will stil be fun.
        John K - Appleton

Comment

This coming Sunday Sept 16th is an open bikes only day at the Road America Motorplex. Time is noon to 5 pm. Weather appears to be perfect. I'll be there.

There is a supermoto class going on that day but the public is welcome to use the course at the same time.
          John K - Appleton

Comment

Great day at the Motorplex today. It was actually pretty well populated with supermotos and some seriously skilled riders. The z125 was one of the slower bikes there but not in the corners so I didn't really hold anyone up. There was a couple of people on pit bikes of roughly the same speed to slice and dice with.

The new track surface there is buttery smooth. But it had weird behavior with tires. Tires would get hot, but not ball up like normal track tires. As such the traction level was not as high as I would have liked but the tires would at least break free with plenty of warning and consistency so I was able to easily catch slides, even the front. Very strange though. They were saying tires last forever at this track.
            John K - Appleton

Comment

It was a good time! My legs are still pretty sore, haha.
              Matt J., Appleton
              2015 Yamaha R3
              Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Working...
              X