No announcement yet.

USAIR Shawano - 2019 Kart Track Schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a fun time. Even though I went off track...twice.
    Matt J., Appleton
    2015 Yamaha R3
    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Was a perfect day (weather, track, & comradery), we couldn't have asked for more. Thanks to Zaph for keeping an eye on the track schedule and identifying this opportunity! So glad we went out

Comment

A couple of things that could be discussed about this trip.

first, track was clean and traction was awesome. I think they took previous comments about drifter dust to heart.

Second, Fenter's bike has no clear markings and kinda looks like a big bike. It raised a question about bike size. It is a concern to them. So anyone coming down with a bike bigger than typical ultralight sizes needs to speak directly to "Pat" and clear it with him or he may be a dick if you just show up. He's gonna be a dick anyway because that's the way he is but on the phone is better than face to face.
        John K - Appleton

Comment

My sv650 is allowed in Ultralight Suberbike.
          2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
          2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

Yeah we need to check into 650 twins again the next time you get up here.

I'm not sure what the big deal is. They time trial Corvettes on this track for the SCCA.
            John K - Appleton

Comment

too bad they don't allow 600s on the track,I would be there!

Comment

I am shooting for a return visit on June 29th especially if we have limited riding during the CCS weekend. I am busy on June 30th, so hopefully that day stays open as the schedule currently shows.

Comment

I'm interested at going as well on the June 29th/30th weekend.

So, what exactly is the deal? Can anyone just show up on an open day and pay for open lapping? Or do you need to call in with a group of that meets a minimum size?

Also, I also would like to take my SV650. Looks like I need to speak with this friendly "Pat" fellow. Does he have specific contact info or is contacting the track enough?

Gets tiresome explaining to everyone and their mother that an SV650 is not like an R6 plus 50cc....

Comment

Originally posted by Woozuki View Post
                    friendly "Pat" fellow
                    Hahah. Just call the number on their web site. Either him or "Ann" will answer. They are the old couple that run the place. But Pat has got to ok that bike, particularly after his cranky comments last time. But Tammy rolled there with his SV once, I rode my KTM 690 years ago, and I even saw a Ducati 1100 Hypermotard there once. Which is ok, because, um, it's a motard.

But yeah if it's an open day in the schedule just show up, pay and ride til your arms fall off.

I guess I'm going to try to make it, whichever day has the best weather and stays open in the schedule. Except I'm on call for work and have some big projects installing over the weekend across the country so I'll have to keep a phone handy while I braaaap. And a pile of autocad drawings and probably a computer too.

John K - Appleton

Comment

I might be able to hop in that day as well.
                      Matt J., Appleton
                      2015 Yamaha R3
                      Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Almost beginning to think this is an "easier to ask forgiveness than permission" scenario. For example, like Tammy, if I showed up in an SV with cash in hand, it'd be hard for a business owner to turn down. But if I just called I might get a lot of boss nass head gyrations and a gruff "no".

Guess I'll call and if I do get turned town it's all the more motivation to sacrifice my retirement for a supermoto.

Does anyone know if they have electric on site (mostly for warmers)?

Comment

Now you are expecting onsite electric... shesh that garage last weekend really spoiled you!

I haven't seen any electric, but I didn't ask either.

Comment

The forecast is early, however still looks good for Saturday. I am still targeting 6/29.

Comment

Same. Might camp and do the 30th if that's permissible (I'll call and find out).

Comment

Sooo. Saturday. Spoot needs to get foot pegs(or one foot peg) and he might be able to do this on the VTR 250.

Or maybe I'll steal his bike.
                                Last edited by Tammy; 06-26-2019, 06:12 PM.
                                2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
                                2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

Working...
                                X