USAIR Shawano - 2019 Kart Track Schedule

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Woozuki View Post

I'd absolutely be willing to get into it with you (and force myself under your wing )! I frequently peruse Craigslist for a SM. Not really sure what I should get. Probably go with something easy and trusted like a DRZ-400 rather than someone's do-it-yourself kit. I really no nothing about it, though, compared to other disciplines (which is really saying something considering how little I know about anything).

I always thought SM would be a great way to learn the limits of traction at a slower and more forgiving speed with a slower and more forgiving bike. Tons of pros learn and train this way, and I've always thought building up to do an SM race would be a hoot. Do they still have the dirt part of their SM track? It kind of looks paved over on google earth.
    It's there, but they don't maintain it for normal use. In fact last time we were there a large tree had fallen down over it! Though maybe that's just a new obstacle for everyone to duck under...

It looks like they just get it ready every year for Lightning on the Wolf, then let it sit the rest of the time.
    Matt J., Appleton
    2015 Yamaha R3
    Instagram- @motomatt_r3

Comment

Originally posted by Woozuki View Post
      I frequently peruse Craigslist for a SM. Not really sure what I should get.
      It's slightly dated, but:
      26c406e43c02ba8f44016dbd4e2a9e9f.jpg
      John K - Appleton

Comment

Here you go
        https://janesville.craigslist.org/mc...919915451.html
        2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
        2008 Suzuki SV650 (track\race CCS AM#259)

Comment

hmmm, the Benelli TNT135 has 11HP vs the others at 8 or less !

https://www.motorcycle.com/manufactu...de-review.html
          WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

Pitster Pro X4. Marzocchi front suspension, adjustable for rebound and compression, fully adjustable rear shock. 125cc air cooled engine and you can get cart tires for them very cheaply. I have one sitting in my basement right now.
            Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
            LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

Whats the top speed on the PP?

PitsterPro ADV190 ! 18bhp !! $2500 msrp
              https://pitsterpro.com/index.php?rou...uct_id=1251961

WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Thank You to my personal, CCS Racing sponsors: WiRiders.com, Cycle Gear, TrackGraphix.com

Comment

That Benelli looks surprisingly decent. Oh and that Pitster ADV 190R too. Take knobbies off, put on PMT race slicks and you got yourself a true mini motard. The Pitster Pro says Pre-order. Hmmm wonder when it's out.

The trick with all these is what the suspension is really like. I'd hate to dump $1500 into it right away to make it not handle like mush.
                John K - Appleton

Comment

Originally posted by Zaph View Post
                  I'd hate to dump $1500 into it right away to make it not handle like mush.
                  well, fork oil & a set of front springs is about $150 or less?
                  rear can be hit-n-miss on costs, but its a toy - just ride it.

The K-PIPE has 17" wheels, so modern race rubber can fit and it will track\ride almost normal!
                  WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Comment

I haven't tested the top speed of the Pitster. I would say at least 45 though, depending on gearing. There is a lot of aftermarket stuff for the Pitster too.
                    Like me on Facebook at Yellow Duck Racing
                    LB Photography, Apex Custom Coating, Track Graphix, Spears Racing

Comment

Need a reason to splurge on this...https://madison.craigslist.org/mcy/d...902747406.html

Comment

So, to appease Pat, I'm going to attempt to convert my DR350 to a Supermoto. And by that, I mean just get 21/18 sportsmen tires and fix up the poor neglected thing.

It's currently a drying rack for wet tire warmers from RA Hoping to run it the weekend after July CCS (I think the Motoplex has a date) or the weekend after at Shawano. Anyone be intersted?

We can just tell him our 300 sportbikes are 250s, for those of us whom it concerns.

Comment

I'm in if it's good weather.

I can't imagine what you're going to do for a somewhat sticky 21" front tire though.
                          John K - Appleton

Comment

I'm in if it's good weather.

I can't imagine what you're going to do for a somewhat sticky 21" front tire though.
                            "Sticky" for me is something more street worthy than my knobbies. But it is, indeed, a struggle. Conti, Michelin, and Avon all have options...but they're more actual supermoto rather than sticky sportbike tires...

Any luck with Pat's boss?

Comment

No luck with the track owner. I sent him a very nice snail mail letter. It beats an easily deleted email and I didn't want to blind side him with a phone call, so a good old fashioned letter it was.

I requested lightweight class bikes be allowed and explained all the doors that would open up. I also explained that Pat has been non-customer friendly for the entire 8 years I've had the pleasure of dealing with him.

No response. Oh well I tried. Such a big track to limit it to tiny bikes. But... the tiny bikes ARE fun.
                              John K - Appleton

Comment

But... the tiny bikes ARE fun.
                                Hopefully my tractor (DR350) is too!

Thanks for giving it a shot!

Comment

Working...
                                X