Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6/11 ACC or Grattan - Which one are you going to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6/11 ACC or Grattan - Which one are you going to?

ACC North is fun and close. Grattan is incredible, and far.
    I'm going to Autobahn, and rip up the North course.
    0%
    I'm going to Grattan, and fly around the gem of central Michigan.
    33.33%
    I've got all my priorities wrong, and I'm not going anywhere.
    66.67%

Grattan for me, I love that place, its a hillbilly Barber, and they can run it in both directions.

Comment

My brother's getting married that weekend. I won't be at either track.

Comment

I'm trying to figure out a way to make Grattan work on the 11th.

Comment

I'm all kinds of jammed up and backwards this year. It's got me in a rut.
          2004 BMW R1100SA(street/Deer Spear)
          1999 BMW R1100S(track/race CCS AM#259)
          1999 BMW R1100S(parts)

Comment

Option 4. Although Autobahn is fun, I'll be ripping up IL, IA, MN, and WI on the Flat 4 Tour. One long lap of a scenic racecourse. :>)
            1000cc of testosterone

Comment

Ended up going to both. Had a mechanical at Grattan Saturday morning. Drove home that morning, tore the bike down, brought the SV out to play at Autobahn north, while Turn 1 replaced the fork seals on the ZX10.

Comment

Originally posted by Chargers View Post
                Option 4. Although Autobahn is fun, I'll be ripping up IL, IA, MN, and WI on the Flat 4 Tour. One long lap of a scenic racecourse. :>)
                650 miles on our custom track of high-speed sweepers, tight twisty roads, and some straights linking those together.

1000cc of testosterone

Comment

Originally posted by Chargers View Post

650 miles on our custom track of high-speed sweepers, tight twisty roads, and some straights linking those together.
                  Nice, that's a LOT of miles for me.

Went to Grattan, but had to come back home Saturday AM to repair leaking fork seals (no suspension service at Grattan). Went to Autobahn, had Joe D. from Turn 1 replace them while I went around on the SV and as the only LW out there, felt obligated to show half the advanced group what a LW bike can do. No reason you can't take an SV all the way through advanced.

The 23 min video is edited so that most all of the footage is of the other bikes that day, but if you skip to 8:40 through 9:30 you'll get the idea of what it was like all day.

Comment

Originally posted by borgNSR View Post
                    The 23 min video is edited so that most all of the footage is of the other bikes that day, but if you skip to 8:40 through 9:30 you'll get the idea of what it was like all day.
                    What I used to do was just pass them right away, get way ahead of them, and then not have to worry about it.
                    THANKS to:
                    TrackGraphix.com....Sportbike Track Time....Midwest Track Day
                    ....Motovid.com....
                    and Participating WiR Members
                    for your support!

WELCOME TO WiR - Enjoy

Comment

There you go! I should have used 7th gear.

Comment

Originally posted by borgNSR View Post
                        if you skip to 8:40 through 9:30 you'll get the idea of what it was like all day.
                        Easy come, easy go.

Comment

Working...
                        X